Has any tried the Tempur Pedic mattress??

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
i was up late last nite again
couldnt sleep and saw the infomercial on it
its like a foam mattress and it forms to your body and stuff

was wondering if it is better than a regular mattress
need to find something to help me sleep

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Is that the one they have at Brookstone? Because I went in there and they have this heavy mattress that "molds" (temporarily of course) to your body when you lay in it. Very cool, but I'm not sure how comfortable it would be for sleeping...

alpineranger

Feb 3, 2001
I saw it at Brookstone too. I think it would be very comfortable once you got used to it, but I'm not sure how long it would last until the foam hardens or something. It's also really expensive.

Raspewtin

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
I have one - the foam never hardens, it's incredible! the most amazing matress i have ever owned. You can get the same mattress much less at other stores, so don't buy at Brookstone unless you absolutely have to. you can just get the same foam in a matress pad wchich is nearly the same and much cheaper.

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
So...what do we do a search for on the web if someone besides BrookStone carries it?

Raspewtin

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999

<< So...what do we do a search for on the web if someone besides BrookStone carries it? >>

you can try the web. i bought it at a store called Relax the Back, the Healthy Back, or something like that. It was a local shop I found in the yellow pages.

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
From the review:
Also, on a personal note, you may find it more difficult to have sex in this bed than a conventional bed. This may be a personal thing, but my wife and I have moved to other beds, floors, tables, etc. instead of the foam mattress...

bacillus

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001

<< This may be a personal thing, but my wife and I have moved to other beds, floors, tables, etc. instead of the foam mattress... >>

I'm extremely interested in the etc! :D

BlueScreenVW

Sep 10, 2000
The Tempurs are used at the hospital where I study against bedsores. They are generally considered the best, but some models have a coating that will make you sweat quite a lot. Dunno if this is only for the hospital models, though...

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
no one seen the infomercial on TV??
they let you use it for 120 days for free
check it out

link