Has any progress been made towards editing Tahiti bios for "stock" clocks and voltage

Golden Member
Jun 10, 2007
Would help immensely if this was now possible :\

There is.

If you're card is voltage locked though, its likely that it's locked by them using a specific voltage and that it's not controllable in the bios.

That's what the custom cards are there for. Cost reduction.

Nvidia cards are only standardized because Nvidia holds their AIB companies to standards.

BallaTheFeared

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cards aren't voltage locked, but with UEFI/GOP bios they're very hard (read time consuming and requires two programs often conflicts happen) to overclock/undervolt and with a single in iMode (Virtu) I can't adjust clocks at all but can through trixx adjust the voltage for the gpu but I need more core than 960 for a single.

Also in UEFI/GOP mode they crash with ULPS enabled, but require it to be disabled otherwise the second card throttles even at stock.

Last edited:

Golden Member
Jun 10, 2007
Cards aren't voltage locked, but with UEFI/GOP bios they're very hard (read time consuming and requires two programs often conflicts happen) to overclock/undervolt and with a single in iMode (Virtu) I can't adjust clocks at all but can through trixx adjust the voltage for the gpu but I need more core than 960 for a single.

Also in UEFI/GOP mode they crash with ULPS enabled, but require it to be disabled otherwise the second card throttles even at stock.

I have never been able to flash the bios on my XFX 7970 Black Edition rev 3.1 to anything at all whatsoever. What are you using and does it only apply to a single card variant?

BallaTheFeared

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2010
I'm using bios I got from MSI for my cards with GOP/UEFI support.

Not sure what you meant by that last part? My cards require different bios because they are physically different cards.

Golden Member
Jun 10, 2007
I'm using bios I got from MSI for my cards with GOP/UEFI support.

Not sure what you meant by that last part? My cards require different bios because they are physically different cards.

I mean are you just flashing them with atiflash or something like that?

I have never been able to flash any bios of any sort onto my XFX Black Edition 7970 Rev 3.1 with the utilities other people have posted on the web. Not even the bios that's on the card already.

Perhaps you are in a different situation where you are just bypassing the digital signature, but I have literally not been able to even do the flashing part.

If you are past that part I have nothing I can help you with since I have not gotten past that part :(

EDIT:

It seems I have interpreted your title and question wrong, my apologies.

Last edited:

BallaTheFeared

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2010
Haha, yeah :)

I can flash no problem, my desire/issue is I want to do what we did in the old days before digital signatures.. Meaning I want to modify the stock clocks and voltage so they're default and I don't need to use OC software which doesn't work with how I'm trying to run my system.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
Haha, yeah :)

I can flash no problem, my desire/issue is I want to do what we did in the old days before digital signatures.. Meaning I want to modify the stock clocks and voltage so they're default and I don't need to use OC software which doesn't work with how I'm trying to run my system.

Ive been wanting that since my GTX 275 :(