has any one been able to fix this error yet with AMD's APUs and windows 10 ? had this issue since the win 10 update spring 2017 i think.

Qasar

Nov 18, 2016
and just did a fresh install on my notebook, and STILL get this error... its an HP A10 8780P extreme with radeon R7 and R7 M360 graphics. only get this message after i install ANY APU drivers for the video cards, using what ever drivers come with win 10 work fine.. but they are also way out of date....

AMD APU vid card error.jpg

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
That's because you have VLIW / TeraScale graphics, and need to use the 15.7.1 drivers.

Qasar

Nov 18, 2016
No, it's GCN gpu.
Try uninstalling pre-installed driver using DDU and then fresh install latest APU compatible driver.

virtual larry... i have tried drivers from before this win10 update ( which worked just fine before that update ) all the way to just D/L'd last night.. same issue...

ao_ika_red tried that.. no workie

Qasar

Nov 18, 2016
ao_ika_red,

just tried the DDU and install drivers, safe mode... after a reboot after the apu driver install.. same error message.... looks like it is an issue with win10 and the drivers that AMD still has yet to be bothered enough to fix... even in device manager both vid cards have the ! for them with the amd drivers... but if i let win10 install the drivers via windows up dates.. no ! in device manager.. and gpu z says they are working just fine.. but i dont get and of the options using amd's drivers would allow.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
I wonder if this has to do with Windows 10 and the AMD Card having issues booting in UEFI mode with the updated drivers. Other HP Users have noted issues with that in the past.

Have you checked to see if you can force Legacy Mode in your BIOS and then see if the driver works?

Qasar

Nov 18, 2016
i tried that.. at it seems to be working.. wonder how.. or why.. doing that in the bios worked.....

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
I couldn't tell you for sure. I can tell you I've only heard about this problem on HP Laptops / Desktops, and only when trying to install newer drivers than the long-forgotten HP releases. It definitely has something to do with how UEFI mode and the newer drivers interact. Given other systems don't seem to have this problem I can only surmise its a BIOS issue in these HP Systems. Newer HP systems don't have this problem either, just these older ones.

Reactions: prtskg