has any news on new mSata cards popped up?

philipma1957

Golden Member
Jan 8, 2012
I have 2 crucial m4 mSata ssds. Both are 256gb in size and run 2 different mini itx mobos.

I google and bing daily looking for new models maybe in the 480 to 512gb size. There does not seem to be a lot of action in this area of storage.

Western Digital, Ocz, Mushkin, Adata, Crucial, Kingston and Intel have not put out any new ones in a while.

Also the Crucial 256gb are sold out at buy.com newegg.com jr.com.

These are nice items in small builds. Any info on a new crucial or the like would be interesting to read.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Nothing new, AFAIK. Buy.com and Newegg had the 256GB on sale for $165 shipped and I was going to jump on the deal, but both were sold out before I could snag one. Buy.com got some back in stock, but at around $205. Newegg got more in stock at the $165 price, but sold out again before I could get mine. This was over the past week or so.

If you need one RIGHT NOW you can probably get one. If you want one at a good price and can wait, keep waiting and watching.

Hellhammer

AnandTech Emeritus
Apr 25, 2011
We won't see 512GB mSATA SSDs until 128Gb die is available in volume. With only four NAND packages in the mSATA form factor, 256GB is the highest you can achieve.