Has any body ever purchased "world bench 5" here?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Seems to be a really cool tool for checking out performance, real world style instead of synthetic BS we always see (superpi, 3dmarks, pcmarks etc).. would be really helpful in comaring overclcoked setups which reveiwers rarly do.

http://www.pcworld.com/resource/article/0,aid,116888,00.asp

I'm wondering if we can go in on a group pruchase and share the thing.. it's obviously licenced for multiple machines since anand and his crew installs it on every PC they benches.

ryanv12

May 4, 2005
Yeah, I always thought that was a more relevant test. I always skip over the synthetics, but this is one that I look at. I found that link you have before, but I can't find a price for some reason? I'd be willing to pitch in.

edit - I see, $250

Technonut

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2000
$249 plus taxes and shipping
..... :Q

I would be game for a group buy... ;) 5 people throwing in $50.00 each would be ideal... Any more could be troublesome regarding share time IMO.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
As soon as we find the EULA and it's kosher I'll definity take y'all up on this..

Technonut

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2000
Originally posted by: ryanv12
share time? all we need are .iso makers and cd burners ;)

Nah, that would not do for me... I'm not the "patch over one eye" type.. :)

I would be willing to share with a small group of people that goes in on it, but any legality issues would need to be ironed-out first....

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Me neither techno however, we would be a review "collective" just like anand and his reviewers spread all over the country who do reviews for him all using worldbench ... hmmm. Seems like it may be one of those things that's not so black and white... Again need to find EULA before I commit to the ethics of it..

ryanv12

May 4, 2005
Well, if we all are pitching in to buy it, we have no intention of selling it off or distributing it on pirate channels. There's no ethical reason why we couldn't do that. I'm a "patch over one eye" type when it comes down to just nice-to-have programs like this [I need a pirate smiley right here]