Harvey is a Moderator

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Duckers -- Chris A has your answer. Russ, I, and a few others have been on AnandTech for a long time (since before the first UBB board), and we were invited to participate in beta testing FuseTalk. We couldn't talk about it at the time, because it was well... beta testing. Once it was up and running, it didn't matter, any more. You should have seen it before it was launched -- a lovely work of art in progress. I really enjoyed being a part of that. :)

I really like the UBB format, but it's not capable of handling the traffic load, here. If you remember, toward the end, Anand's UBB board was crashing several times a day, if it was up, at all. :(

I still enjoy using UBB on Russ's board and others. I also think FuseTalk is beautiful, and it has come a long way since Zuni first put it up. (cue applause for Zuni) Which reminds me, don't you think Russ has plenty to do between moderating his own board and running a real world business?

WW -- You got the six foot tall part right (actually 6' 2&quot;), but my ears are a bit short, and unlike the mods, I am not invisible. ;)

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
I think Harvey was in the Kennedy assassination.

So Harvey is his middle name, and his first name is Lee? Pretty far-fetched.
You must have been smoking some of that grassy knoll, Willy. ;)

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
Kills? What kind of loser would find delight in &quot;Kills&quot;...

In case anyone other than Shuxclams takes offense at my earlier remark, I would like to note that I was speaking facetiously, as should have been obvious. However, I can well imagine that the Mods find delight in smacking down certain offenders, particularly during troll spamming sieges. I was here during the stupid Humankind assault a few months ago, and I found delight just watching the threads disappear into the fiery pit, or wherever bad threads go when they die. Unfortunately, the mods carried off a legitimate thread that contained a playful exchange of remarks between Gage and me. That thread I would like to have kept. Sometimes friendly fire incidents occur in times of war, I guess.

maureen

Apr 9, 2000
If Harvey is a mod..he's doing a damn good job of it..He gets along with everyone and everyone respects him.. So if he does have other duties, he keeps them seperate. I say drop the subject instead of looking for the hangmen in here.

BTW...This is Dean on my girlfriends computer...damn woman signed up long ago and she never would post...so i'll make the first post for her :)

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< I would think or hope that the peeps chosen as moderators would show a level headed and
non-biased position so as to make the best judgements regarding people and thier actions
>>

To add to what WW posted, I agree that trolls and harmful or hurtful threads should be locked or deleted as does anyone else, my reaction was about the light in which MODS are percieved, they take alot of sh!t for a thankless job and as long as people point out their only payment is the &quot;reward&quot; of &quot;kills&quot; then it will perpetuate the misrepresentation they they are out to get people. I didn't take offense WW, just to clear that up. ;)

SHUX

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
<< They may keep trophies from their &quot;kills,&quot; or something... >>

Bring me the head of Nick Caputo! :D

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
<<Bring me the head of Nick Caputo!>>

A-fscking-men to that! :D

purplehayes

Golden Member
Mar 31, 2000
WombatWoman LOL @ Harvey the six-foot tall invisible rabbit. I'd like to see a show of hands from the people the understood that comment, please.

PH
:D

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
The reason Harvey and I have the first two numbers after Zuni is very simple. Zuni was kind enough to register us as soon as the board went live. We were priveleged to be the only two outsiders (non AnandTech staff) to be part of the very early beta testing.

It was pretty cool; only about five people with the whole BBS to ourselves.:)

Russ, NCNE

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< It was pretty cool; only about five people with the whole BBS to ourselves. >>

Of those 5, were there any NEFs or trolls?

John

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I personally think GUTB is a moderator here ! :p