Harry Reid vows to block the "Audit the Fed" bill.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
http://www.examiner.com/article/reid-was-for-fed-audit-before-he-was-against-it

Harry refuses to answer why he has changed his vote and has made statements to the fact that he block the bill from seeing the light of day in the US Senate. Seems Democrats don't want to upset the status quo and they only went along with this bill to gain some popular support and now their true masters (major banking intuitions) are putting on the pressure to kill this bill before it can do some good.

Reid was for FED Audit before he was against it

Senate Majority leader Harry Reid has said he will block the popular Audit the FED legislation from seeing the light of day in the U.S. Senate. Reid is taking this position even though eighty percent of the American people want a comprehensive audit of the Federal Reserve. Audit the FED legislation passed with bipartisan support in the House of Representatives yesterday by a whopping vote of 327-98. Consequently, some voters are questioning Senator Reid's motivation.

What people may not know is that Senator Reid was a strong proponent of Audit the FED legislation in the past as this video from 1995 proves. Not only did Senator Reid propose and sponsor such legislation, but he also made impassioned speeches in the well of the Senate championing the idea.

Reid correctly pointed out that the FED improperly manipulates interest rates and that hurts the American people. He also pointed out that the FED operates under a veil of secrecy, which is a process that should end. He called the FED system the largest unfounded mandate we have in America today.

So, why is Senator Reid blocking the same bi-partisan legislation today? Undoubtedly he will offer a series of excuses about the content of the proposed bills today being different than in the past, or do some other such political maneuvering. However, it seems more likely that Senator Reid could be responding to political pressure from the banking, business, government, and media interests that control the United States. Will Senator Reid have the courage to buck those interests on behalf of the American people? Time will tell.

If you would like to receive an update when Kevin Kervick releases another article, click on the Subscribe and Follow on Twitter links below. Please also like, +1, and tweet this article so that others can receive the content. Please also click Like next to his name on Kevin's homepage.

In addition 8 of the original democrat co-sponsors filp sides and vote against the bill.

All House Republicans voted in favor of the bill, except for New York Rep. Bob Turner. Ninety-seven Democrats — notably including the party’s House leadership — voted against the bill, and 89 Democrats voted in favor.

The eight co-sponsors, all Democrats, that voted against their own legislation not only sponsored the 2012 bill, but each also co-sponsored its 2009 incarnation.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/26/e...fed-bill-vote-against-it-without-explanation/

Last edited:

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Thank Harry, keep fucking over the American people you fucking moron. Great move...douchebag.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
But liberals here keep telling us that democrats are for the people, and transparency, and making the government work for the people, were they lying?

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Harry is done in nevada he new that befor this come up. So he took the money . Its won't end harry till you are hung and rightly so.

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009
Thank Harry, keep fucking over the American people you fucking moron. Great move...douchebag.

It's obvious he defected to sow confusion in Democrat's ranks. He's an agent provocateur and Republican operative. And a complete piece of corporate shit.

P.S. 'Murica, fuck yeah!

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000
This is in response to xjohnx. Still trying to get the hang of tapatalk here.

Are you that myopic that you can't believe that there are bad eggs in each party? And that people will always toe the party line and never admit any wrong doing on their side? Have faith that some of us so called libs practice something called free will. You should try that sometime.

People make your types of comments only for the purpose of one upping the other side. Politics have become so juvenile.

Harry Reid is a piece of garbage. But then again most are whether your left or right. It's an illusion if people really think there are big differences between dems and repubs apart from the the stereotypical wedge issues that help each side get elected.

Your response as an example much like others on here on both sides of the aisle are the reason why nothing will ever change and it will be politics as usual. We are just going to continue to devolve into a society where politics becomes nastier and even more deviscive.

You shouldn't feel happy that someone on the otherside is an obvious dirtbag. You should feel sad for this country.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
A year ago (when I thought Dr. Paul would be our next President) I would've been glad to see this bill pass. However, I'm glad Harry Reid killed the bill because it would've just lead to pure greenbackism, if anything at all. Why would the govt completely abandon monetary bureaucracy? Too many people don't understand how the Fed benefits the state in addition to the bankers. Pure greenbackism can and would benefit special interests, but not exclusively the banking industry and if the state mismanaged it, then society would be in much deeper shit than it is now. The state will probably never totally take over production of money because they won't have anyone to blame but themselves when they fuck up. There wasn't even a good monetary policy until Jackson issued his Specie Circular executive order which a Whig Congress actually tried to override. Grant signed into law reinstatement of a gold standard (I think there was a mint though, so it wasn't perfect) because creditors were sick of getting paid in greenbacks and because Grant didn't plan on spending like politicians today do. Congress, who has the power of the purse, nearly repealed it less than decade later because they wanted to spend more and to bailout debtors. It finally was repealed under Benjamin Harrison. He was beholden to special interests as is made evident because he wanted the people of Hawaii raped and annexed for the benefit of businessmen like Sanford B Dole. Benjamin Harrison wanted the gold standard repealed so he would be able to spend without going into debt. The Gold Standard Act simply defined the dollar as a fixed weight and purity of gold and was signed into law by McKinley... it made the dollar legal tender for private and public debts (it wasn't legal tender, however, when Grover Cleveland, "the Last Good Democrat and the last President of the Jeffersonian tradition"[1] after he repealed the Sherman Silver Purchase Act) and was supported by special interests because there were so many bankers who didn't want to get paid back in silver. After they got paid in gold, they started drawing up the Federal Reserve. Once the Fed was started, the gold was centralized in the banking system , paper certificates representing the gold were printed, and the value was adjusted by Congress several times to partially pay for the first part of the Great War. Washington and Monroe had done the same thing (except with silver).

Today's bankers wouldn't see long term benefits from the deflation of going to hard money compared to the Federal Reserve, so they're against this... and the state wouldn't be the state if it didn't have inflation.

I wonder what Dr. Paul was thinking. He may have had a good reason, but I can't figure it out.
[1] As Dr. DiLorenzo would call him.:)

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I'm reading about how Ron Paul has a hardon for the Fed....at the moment. I don't know if he'll flip like Reid did if Repubs take over the White House and the ability to pick Fed Board of Governors and control Fed policy.

It seems like Ron Paul wants to use the audit to gain some Repub control over the Fed through the HOR and simultaneously undermine Obama admin's influence over it.

We all know how confidentiality is needed to prevent misunderstandings and knee jerk reactions to a limited, rumor filled, oft-changing and sketchy knowledge base. Yet, we all know how confedentiality can lead to the shielding from purview of criminal activity. The trick is to find the balance between the two. An admirable quest indeed.

However, just for the fact that Ron Paul is directly involved in pushing for the audit leads me to believe that his primary concern is for his party gaining more influence over the Fed under the guise of "transparency". Typical political manuevering, nothing out of the ordinary.

If this is the case, I can see where Reid would logically not want that to occur.

Last edited:

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
If this is the case, I can see where Reid would logically not want that to occur.

Interesting theory. I could see that being the case. Of course, Paul says he wants to get rid of the Fed & World Bank so I could see where he would just be doing this as a means to his stated ends, too. Very interesting theory though tweak.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Harry Reid does exactly what Obama tells him to do. Nothing more and nothing less. Pelosi was no different. To think that Reid has made any conscious decision on his own in this matter is ridiculous.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Harry Reid does exactly what Obama tells him to do. Nothing more and nothing less. Pelosi was no different. To think that Reid has made any conscious decision on his own in this matter is ridiculous.

Given the fact that Republicans have used the philibuster to completely stall legislation, I really can't say I blame Obama or any of the Dems for basically saying fuck you to the Repubs. And therein lies the problem, is a two party system really working? Obviously not.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

Are you that myopic that you can't believe that there are bad eggs in each party? And that people will always toe the party line and never admit any wrong doing on their side? Have faith that some of us so called libs practice something called free will. You should try that sometime.

Are you retarded? I hate both parties, and think they are all full of sleaze balls.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Truth is treason in the obama Empire Of Lies. The audit would expose the great abyss of liberal recklessness with our confiscated earned income otherwise called "tax".

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000
Are you retarded? I hate both parties, and think they are all full of sleaze balls.

I'm not retarded. Perhaps if I was you would understand me better? That's great you hate both parties as if that's going to make you look anymore objective or somehow mask your right leanings. My point is the glee people like you get like you just scored a point because someone on the other team has just been proven to be a scumbag. Wow a shocker that a politician is anything but noble. Just read your original response and see how you come off with your jab at "liberals". What are you trying to solicit with that type of statement anyway?

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
I'm not retarded. Perhaps if I was you would understand me better? That's great you hate both parties as if that's going to make you look anymore objective or somehow mask your right leanings. My point is the glee people like you get like you just scored a point because someone on the other team has just been proven to be a scumbag. Wow a shocker that a politician is anything but noble. Just read your original response and see how you come off with your jab at "liberals". What are you trying to solicit with that type of statement anyway?

Ok, you are retarded. There's no "team". To me there are issues, and I do not line up with either party, or even libertarian on them all. Some I am with the right, some I am with the left, some I am in between, some I am extreme beyond either. I don't give a shit about the GOP, most of them are religious nutjobs.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011

People make your types of comments only for the purpose of one upping the other side. Politics have become so juvenile.

Harry Reid is a piece of garbage. But then again most are whether your left or right. It's an illusion if people really think there are big differences between dems and repubs apart from the the stereotypical wedge issues that help each side get elected.

Your response as an example much like others on here on both sides of the aisle are the reason why nothing will ever change and it will be politics as usual. We are just going to continue to devolve into a society where politics becomes nastier and even more deviscive.

You shouldn't feel happy that someone on the otherside is an obvious dirtbag. You should feel sad for this country.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Holy shit dude, I am a hard core libertarian and I actually agree with everything you said. To me libs and pubs are all stupid and controlled by higher powers. Ron Pail is the only answer to our problems.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm reading about how Ron Paul has a hardon for the Fed....at the moment. I don't know if he'll flip like Reid did if Repubs take over the White House and the ability to pick Fed Board of Governors and control Fed policy.

It seems like Ron Paul wants to use the audit to gain some Repub control over the Fed through the HOR and simultaneously undermine Obama admin's influence over it.

We all know how confidentiality is needed to prevent misunderstandings and knee jerk reactions to a limited, rumor filled, oft-changing and sketchy knowledge base. Yet, we all know how confedentiality can lead to the shielding from purview of criminal activity. The trick is to find the balance between the two. An admirable quest indeed.

However, just for the fact that Ron Paul is directly involved in pushing for the audit leads me to believe that his primary concern is for his party gaining more influence over the Fed under the guise of "transparency". Typical political manuevering, nothing out of the ordinary.

Riiiight, RP is such a party first kinda Republican... :rolleyes: