Harry Potter and the Whackjob Gwinnett Mother

Aug 25, 2004
An open Howler to Whackjob Gwinnett Mother . . .

Dear Gwinnett Mom Attempting to Remove Harry Potter books from Gwinnet School Libraries,

You claim that Harry Potter books glorify witchcraft. There is a difference between fiction and reality, and in my opinion, well-parented children can grasp this concept. If you do not want your child to read Harry Potter, I totally respect that decision. However, I do not see how you have the right to tell me what my children can read.

That being said, if I am wrong, and Harry Potter does promote evil, I really hope all those elementary school-aged Harry Potter readers get together, form a coven, and put a hex on you and a curse on your house.

Love,
Harry Potter Lover #1

p.s. Your children think you are an embarrassment.

The state board of education heard an appeal this morning for her attempt to have the Harry Potter books removed from Gwinnet County schools. Seriously, what a waste of taxpayer money! The obvious, non-costly answer here is for this woman to monitor her own children's reading materials or send them to a private school that does not allow Harry in the library. I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that this woman has heard the saying, "I am not my brother's keeper." Does anyone grasp the irony?

via

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Good. Take the country back from those soft-bellied folk!

Xyo II

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2005
If women still had as many chores to do around the house as they did back in the day, these kind of things just wouldn't happen. Therefore, all kitchen appliances and all devices used for cleaning shall be driven out of society so that women can once again take their place in their own household.