->Hardcore<- Ram Problem

HDs suck

Apr 2, 2007
My system: A64 3000 o/c to 2.6 ghz on a DFI-SLI-DR LanParty mobo. I recently bought another 2x512 (1gb) of ram to put in my system, i had 1 2x512(1gb) in my system already running in dual channel with 2.5-3-3-6 timings. The new ram is the same brand (OCZ) and it's 2-3-2-5 timings. Now, My mobo has a plethora of options for tweaking, and i don't even know what half of them are because of that. I know my basics, 2.5tcl-3trcd-3trp-6tras. I put the new ram in, and voila! it doesn't post. I take the new ram out, and go into the bios to manually set the timings. It seems to help when i put the new ram in again. It boots, but shows that i only have 1 gb installed under my computer>properties. It also show 1 gb installed on bootup. I've noticed that all this only works WHILE i have my overclock settings running, and the RAM is running at 120 mhz because of the over clock. I have had no success getting both sets of modules to run simultaneously and have the computer admit the precence of both.

Is there anything I'm missing? Is the 2nd ddr bank disabled somehow? What am I missing here. I'll be happy to provide any details or further explanations i may have neglected, but I'd be very happy to get my 2gbs working :D.

EDIT1: I am using the 2T timing. My options for the RAM config in my bios are adjustable as follows: Mhz, CPC(command per clock), Tcl(CAS latency), Trcd(RAS# to CAS# delay), Tras(Min RAS# active time), Trp(Row precharge time), Trc(Row cycle time), Trfc(row refresh cycle time), Trrd(row to row delay), Twr(write recovery time), Twtr(write to read delay), Trwt(read to write delay), Tref(refresh period), Twcl(write CAS latency), DRAM bank interleave, DQS Skew control, DQS Skew Value, DRAM drive strength, DRAM Data drive strength, Max Async Latency, DRAM response time, Read preamble time, idlecycle limit, dynamic counter, R/W queue bypass, bypass max, and 32 Byte Granularity.

I know, I know. Information overload. Most of these setting beside the timing setting are set to auto. Just trying to give as much info as i can to ppl who know more than me.

Yellowbeard

Golden Member
Sep 9, 2003
I would suggest posting at a minimum of 1 of the following places:

1. The DIY Forums, formerly the official DFI support forum. They kept all their DFI tuning databases so you can probably find good info there.

2. DFI Club, the new DFI forum.

3. OCZs forum.