Hardball with Bernie sanders

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
When turnout among Democrats starts getting higher than it has ever been, let me know. When people like Eskimospy start voting, let me know. Until then, the answer is and has always been, throughout this country's history, slow, steady change, and COMPROMISE. When the garbage politicians in Congress, who think compromise is a dirty word, get thrown out, I'll get on board the revolution. Until then, I'll take the more practical route.

Agreed. Let's think back to the beginning of obamas presidency. He couldn't even publicly support gay marriage. My how things have changed. Slow, steady progress is the way to go. No reason to get in a rush.
I have absolutely no problems with steady change. It's called history. Today's conservative positions were relatively liberal 100 years ago.

Or, as ol' Buckley himself said, "A conservative is someone who stands athwart history, yelling stop, at a time when no one is inclined to do so, or to have much patience with those who so urge it".

All I am trying to say is that Sanders is being honest in describing what has to occur for his policy proposals to become actual policies. To give Sanders a bunch of shit about how he is or isn't going to pass his policies with a Republican Congress ignores the fact that Sanders has insisted that it will require a political revolution to pass his policies. And, again, HRC isn't going to be able to pass a damn thing if Congress looks even remotely the same as it looks now...assuming Strongman Trump doesn't ride a wave of lunacy into the White House.

At least Sanders is honest, and has integrity. Attacking him because he won't be able to deliver everyone unicorns and rainbows immediately upon winning the White House is to attack honesty and integrity itself. Sanders isn't promising to give everyone everything, or FreeStuff™, as the conservative dead enders have been trained to puke out over and over.

Only one candidate is promising to make everyone's dream come true simply by winning the White House, and hilariously, he repeatedly uses the descriptive phrase "unbelievable" to describe it. That he actually has a wide base of support shows you just how wrecked some people's minds are.

They've finally woken up from the lies they've been trained to believe over the past 50 years, and immediately gravitate to a known bullshitter, believing that he'll be able to fix everything simply because he says so.

If Trump's past success is any indicator, President Trump is going to be suing and declaring bankruptcy at every opportunity, to Make America Great Again!

It's funny, and epicly fucking tragic.