Harbor Freight B&M pricematching to online prices

Tiembo

Aug 25, 2002
Many of us ATHDers know that Harbor Freight has decent tools for pretty good prices. What I found out yesterday was that they'll honor their online or catalog prices, even if a particular item rings up more in-store. Just bring in a printout of the item (or a page from the catalog). I'm not sure if this is a store policy or that my local HF has a nice manager, so maybe YMMV.

Here are some items that I picked up yesterday:
40 piece socket/ratchet set
12 volt 1/2 impact

They also have snail / electronic mailing lists. They send out ads about every week, and some of them have coupon codes. $5 off $50 or $10 off $100 are pretty common.

ApacheXMD

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
so they'll honor the catalog coupons at the b&m stores?

I find it pretty convenient to just call up the nice catalog ladies and place my order that way. It's free shipping on orders over 50 bucks, which is pretty easy to rack up when it comes to tools.

-patchy

Tiembo

Aug 25, 2002
Originally posted by: ApacheXMD

I find it pretty convenient to just call up the nice catalog ladies and place my order that way. It's free shipping on orders over 50 bucks, which is pretty easy to rack up when it comes to tools.

-patchy

If the catalog coupons specify in-store, then yeah. Not sure if they'll honor the online / catalog order coupons.

I found that the handling charge for online orders negated the free shipping; it was even greater than tax.

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
EXCELLENT, I'll have to try this out since HF is only a few blocks away. Much easier to pick them up rather than wait for delivery.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Tiembo
Originally posted by: ApacheXMD

-patchy

If the catalog coupons specify in-store, then yeah. Not sure if they'll honor the online / catalog order coupons.

I found that the handling charge for online orders negated the free shipping; it was even greater than tax.

My local hf will pm an online price with a printout or the catalog price if ya carry in the ad.

TonyG

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Yeah, I have taken lists of stuff printed off from there website and they pricematched it with know questions asks. Was surprised about how they just did it, but then again I guess that they probably don't have to do too many pricematches unlike some of the stores we hit up for pricematches, hehe.

wsmith5

Aug 2, 2000
we have a store in Rochester ny , one thing to note though is that they do not take online item returns......