Happy May Two Four

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
In true Canadian fashion we celebrate May 24 long weekend on the weekend of May 19-21;) What are all of your plans? It looks like we'll have some decent weather over the weekend. I'm thinking about biking from the 'burbs to downtown through the Don Valley trail but I'm not sure if I'll make it;) 8 months of school followed by a programming job doesn't yield tip-top shape if you know what I mean. Plus I've got this nasty cold so I'd probably be coughing the whole way down.

Anyways, have a great long weekend...I'm counting down the hours, minutes and seconds until the day's over!

-GL

Optimus

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2000
Woohooo! Friday before the long weekend and I can't get my brain in gear to work today :)

I plan on some fishing, some relaxing, Elita, baby, and I are probably just going to rest, go for walks, and maybe head down to my parent's beachhouse if the weather holds up.

/EDIT: Oh yeah - I forgot but Elita's right in her post below - I agreed to do the garden this weekend. And I have to fire up our new BBQ again! :D

3 day weekends rule! :D

Elita1

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
Happy may 2-4!
I'm actually hoping to get our garden started this weekend and then hopefully we'll do some yummy barbecuing!
Oktoberfest sausages, MMMMMM!!!!
have fun!

Optimus

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2000
Amish - Monday is Victoria Day.

Ascension Day is on Thursday, and it is purely a religious event for us Catholics, but its not a holiday for the country. I'm surprised to see it on my work calendar actually.

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
We used to celelbrate 2-4 weekend in college. It was a good excuse to drink.

That and I'm a Rush fan (lakeside park).

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
But don't you have memorial weekend off?

Call centers don't have that luxury. But I'll be making some damn good money that day.

Viper GTS

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
That sucks Viper. I think you've got the worst work schedule of anyone on this forum!

Does anyone know how May 24 came about? It never falls on the 24th it seems. I've been told the "two-four" is a two-four of beer since it's a big drinking weekend. But it couldn't have started that way. Anyone care to elaborate?

-GL