Happy Halloween fellow Anandtecher's!!!

Chef0083

Golden Member
Dec 9, 1999
So who is dressed up at work this year? They tried to get us to do that but alas,, my apathy won out...;)

hubbs

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2000
And we are welcomed w/a 2 hour late start for halloween. Well maybe it's late because you can't see barely 1 block from fog. But I like to think it's because of halloween.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
My school banned costumes. If a hundred plus people still wear them, I wonder if they'll actually suspend them all. :confused:

It's okay Paulson. :)

Rellik

Apr 24, 2000
Happy Helloween, my fellow anandtechers!

I thought about what to wear in terms of scariest costume:

AN AOL USER!

anyone care to compete?

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Happy Halloween!

Hmmmm?:confused:

I have been celibrating Halloween for 45 years. And I can't think of a reason why except to wear a costume and knock on peoples doors in the evening and ask for candy!

Why do we celebrate giving candy to kids in costumes?

Anybody?

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Tripleshot: Tricks, Treats and Lit Vegetables

Trick-or-treating is a recent 20th century American phenomenon, but it has roots in ancient customs. The Irish originally initiated a custom hundreds of years ago where groups of farmers would go house to house soliciting food for the village. Prosperity was promised for generous givers and threats were made against the stingy villagers.

The custom of trick-or-treating is also related to the Gaelic practice of giving cakes to the poor at Samhain or ?summer-end,? a seasonal festival that coincided with All Souls Day. They came to be called ?soul-cakes,? and in return recipients were obligated to pray for a good harvest.

I got that from here: ABC News

BoberFett: You just look downright scary, eek! ;)

mosdef

Banned
May 14, 2000
Yeah, Happy Halloween! I have so many memories trick-or-treating as a kid, picking out pumpkins, and all the other great things that come with this holiday!

-mosdef