Hanns-G and Hanns-Spree are they the same?

Perryg114

Jan 22, 2001
I have seen some monitors and TV's on newegg. I have had some experience with Hanns-G but are they the same as Hanns-Spree? I am a little confused. I have some Hanns-G monitors at home and at work and they seem to be good monitors.

Perry

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
I have seen some monitors and TV's on newegg. I have had some experience with Hanns-G but are they the same as Hanns-Spree? I am a little confused. I have some Hanns-G monitors at home and at work and they seem to be good monitors.

Perry

From their website -

The list of Hannspree owned brands is as follows:

● Hannspree
● Hanns.G
● I-Inc

Perryg114

Jan 22, 2001
Ok I have a question. I am looking at a Hannspree HDTV it is HANNspree 42" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV ST42DMSB. It is at newegg. The problem I am having now is that it says that the best picture via a PC is through the VGA connector. The problem is I won't be able to play any HDCP content through this interface or will I? What is going to happen when I put a Blu-Ray player in the PC and try to hook to the VGA input on the TV?

Perry

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
Hanspreee is their retail brand (and have a larger warranty) Hanns-G is their online and have a shorter warranty.

However, I believe at this point both brands have a 1 year warranty (this was not true in the past) so technically it's the same brand in every sense of the word.

vanilla guerilla

Oct 26, 2009
what says the best picture from pc is thru vga? i have this tv and i get a spectacular picture thru hdcp to hdcp in, also dvi to hdcp in from a gtx570, and used to get just as good from a hd6850. blue ray wont play thru vga afaik.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Ok I have a question. I am looking at a Hannspree HDTV it is HANNspree 42" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV ST42DMSB. It is at newegg. The problem I am having now is that it says that the best picture via a PC is through the VGA connector. The problem is I won't be able to play any HDCP content through this interface or will I? What is going to happen when I put a Blu-Ray player in the PC and try to hook to the VGA input on the TV?

Perry

You don't have to use the VGA input...just use hdmi.

Perryg114

Jan 22, 2001
I get a perfect picture through the VGA connector. The HDMI is out of phase and text looks like crap although this may not be an issue with movies. It just seems funny that the industry HD standard is worse than VGA. Also I discovered a really strange problem. I was messing around with the different connections and discovered that if you leave a VGA cable connected to the TV without it hooked to something the TV won't come on. Even if you were using the Tuners when you turned it off it won't come on. The green power LED will light but no picture or back light. You can unplug it and plug it back in and it with work till you turn it off. None of the buttons including the manual power button will make it come on till you unplug the cable.

Perry