Hannity refuses to retract Seth Rich Story, highlights why rightwing media is garbage

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Heard that people are asking his advertisers to pull out over this. No idea if it'll work, but at this rate Fox News could be reduced to Shep Smith and the cleaning staff.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Holy crap, I can't believe what I'm reading. Just looked at the Twitter feeds of Hannity, Geraldo, Dinesh D'Souza and other FOX-friendly blowhards...They know they're fscked if they retract so they've gone full retard!!

Somehow they're trying to spin this into "media bias" and a conspiracy by Media Matters to get Hannity fired! Poor snowflake Hannity is now trying to take the focus off the murder victim and claim the victim card himself. No spine, zero credibility!

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Fox News' ratings have been plummeting. The likely reason ? They're not covering Russia's hacking and fake news interference in the US election and the ongoing investigations into the extent of that interference and if Trump, his campaign or his associates coordinated with Russia's crimes.

Instead they tried to push a ridiculous conspiracy theory which got shut down. Now all that is left are these fanatics still staying stuck on stupid and abusing his family.

There is a positive in there though I think. For the first time in a long time Fox has fallen behind the other cable news networks in ratings. It indicates people want to know what is happening with the Russia investigation, and since Fox is ignoring it, they're going elsewhere.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
What's crazy is I read MSNBC wants to take over as the right wing news outlet of choice--there is blood in the water and they are coming for Fox!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Maybe the right had it's orgasm with Trump and now they're lighting up, blowing smoke rings. relaxing a bit, and thinking about other things.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
Fox News' ratings have been plummeting. The likely reason ? They're not covering Russia's hacking and fake news interference in the US election and the ongoing investigations into the extent of that interference and if Trump, his campaign or his associates coordinated with Russia's crimes.

Fox is ignoring it, they're going elsewhere.

Don't be silly. Fox viewers aren't interested in Russia. That doesn't fit at all. The ratings are down because fox viewers would be a lot more relaxed with a fully white man in office, and simply aren't watching the news as much anymore. If anything, the lack of russia coverage is helping them hold on to the viewers they have left.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Don't be silly. Fox viewers aren't interested in Russia. That doesn't fit at all. The ratings are down because fox viewers would be a lot more relaxed with a fully white man in office, and simply aren't watching the news as much anymore. If anything, the lack of russia coverage is helping them hold on to the viewers they have left.
Trump's not white? Or do you mean someone with a more pasty complexion?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
He's basically saying the racist fox viewers don't care now because a white guy is back in office to save them, from themselves.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Holy crap, I can't believe what I'm reading. Just looked at the Twitter feeds of Hannity, Geraldo, Dinesh D'Souza and other FOX-friendly blowhards...They know they're fscked if they retract so they've gone full retard!!

Somehow they're trying to spin this into "media bias" and a conspiracy by Media Matters to get Hannity fired! Poor snowflake Hannity is now trying to take the focus off the murder victim and claim the victim card himself. No spine, zero credibility!
Faux news, the OG fake news source stays the course.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Let's see how long it takes a right winger to get in here and defend the dead, like was done with Mr. Ailes.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

That's how far into the bubble conservatives have gone. They are 'reporting' on an evidence-free conspiracy theory for the pretty obvious purpose of distracting from Trump's countless scandals and when other organizations call them out on this it's somehow indicative of everyone else's bias, not theirs.

I saw when Fox retracted the story, conservatives on twitter were accusing them of becoming just another liberal mainstream media outlet. Conservatives don't care if a story is true or false, only that it tells them what they want to hear.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/334825-hannity-on-seth-rich-coverage-i-retracted-nothing

Even the family of Seth Rich reached out to Hannity's producer to stop hyping up the conspiracy theory, but he won't stop because conservatives are garbage people who lap this stuff up even though there's no basis in truth.

That's how far into the bubble conservatives have gone. They are 'reporting' on an evidence-free conspiracy theory for the pretty obvious purpose of distracting from Trump's countless scandals and when other organizations call them out on this it's somehow indicative of everyone else's bias, not theirs.

I saw when Fox retracted the story, conservatives on twitter were accusing them of becoming just another liberal mainstream media outlet. Conservatives don't care if a story is true or false, only that it tells them what they want to hear.

Not so.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447903/sean-hannity-seth-rich-conspiracy-theory-disgrace

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

You are correct that not all conservatives are doing that in this case but I bet if you compare the viewership/ratings of those who do endorse this theory and those who don't the conspiracy theorists will win handily. I find the National Review to be a disgrace itself so they shouldn't be throwing stones, (remember the convenient change of opinion on the merit of eight SCOTUS justices) but I'm happy to see that they are on the side of sanity in this case.

I've actually been pleasantly surprised by a number of conservatives like David Frum and Jack Goldsmith who were lifelong Republicans who declined to follow the rest of their party over the cliff.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
You are correct that not all conservatives are doing that in this case but I bet if you compare the viewership/ratings of those who do endorse this theory and those who don't the conspiracy theorists will win handily. I find the National Review to be a disgrace itself so they shouldn't be throwing stones, (remember the convenient change of opinion on the merit of eight SCOTUS justices) but I'm happy to see that they are on the side of sanity in this case.

For the fifteenth time, the change of opinion was not a change of opinion. Columnists on NRO disagree with each other all the time, sometimes referencing each other by name. One columnist proposed the 8 SCOTUS justices idea. That's it.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
For the fifteenth time, the change of opinion was not a change of opinion. Columnists on NRO disagree with each other all the time, sometimes referencing each other by name. One columnist proposed the 8 SCOTUS justices idea. That's it.

No, there was more than one commentator from NRO that endorsed the idea of eight justices, only to then find nine justices to be just fine after November. Remember, NRO is an activist conservative organization. They don't care about honesty or consistency, they care about advancing conservative political goals. Everything else is subordinate to that, which is why reading it is a waste of time as they are attempting to manipulate you. I am quite confident if they thought the Seth Rich thing would be good for conservative politics they would endorse it. Just look at their utterly disgraceful embrace of Benghazi conspiracy theories.

Back to Seth Rich though, it's important for the few sane conservatives we have left to push back against the alternate reality that movement conservatism is constructing for itself. It is a truly sad day when conservatism's response to evidence mounting that members of the current administration colluded with a hostile foreign power is to embrace a conspiracy theory about an irrelevant former political opponent. When is the fever going to break?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
You know, it's almost like the right wing nut house has a giant wheel-of-fortune with a bunch of familiar names on it--several slots are occupied by Obama and Hillary Clinton, and then you have John Podesta, Susan Rice, George Soros, etc. etc. etc.

Every time one of their ludicrous conspiracies is debunked, they just gotta spin the wheel, watch it land on a name, and then latch onto another conspiracy or bolster the existing conspiracy by tying it to one of these "disgusting liberals".

Let's play the game now! <SPIN>....wheeee!!....and we land on...DONNA BRAZILE!!!

http://www.wnd.com/2017/05/bombshell-donna-brazile-probing-seth-rich-murder-says-private-eye/

ZOMG DONNA BRAZILE ASKED THE FAKE INVESTIGATOR TO BACK DOWN DNC IS GUILTY!!!!

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You know, it's almost like the right wing nut house has a giant wheel-of-fortune with a bunch of familiar names on it--several slots are occupied by Obama and Hillary Clinton, and then you have John Podesta, Susan Rice, George Soros, etc. etc. etc.

Every time one of their ludicrous conspiracies is debunked, they just gotta spin the wheel, watch it land on a name, and then latch onto another conspiracy or bolster the existing conspiracy by tying it to one of these "disgusting liberals".

Let's play the game now! <SPIN>....wheeee!!....and we land on...DONNA BRAZILE!!!

http://www.wnd.com/2017/05/bombshell-donna-brazile-probing-seth-rich-murder-says-private-eye/

ZOMG DONNA BRAZILE ASKED THE FAKE INVESTIGATOR TO BACK DOWN DNC IS GUILTY!!!!

It really is like they just have a bucket of common names and play Clue with them. It was Donna Brazile, with the gun, at Benghazi!

Reactions: dainthomas

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I think Hannity may have helped kill his news network, or significantly damaged it. Fox has slipped to third now and Hannity has backed himself into a corner. If there is pressure on advertisers for his shit work against the parents of Seth Rich (and there just may be) then he's in trouble. Money talks louder than Hannity, look at O'Reilly. Of course if H goes then the ratings are likely to really slip.

I feel very sorry for all these poor people at Fox. (see Poe's Law)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I feel very sorry for all these poor people at Fox. (see Poe's Law)

:D

This is really quite surreal, this year. I never would have imagined to see such trouble befall the stalwart Fox news upstarts. Of course, this leaves lots of room for Trump Network to slide in when it is ready to go.

Reactions: Meghan54