Hannity on GOP: “It is a dead party. They are morally corrupt... weak... ineffective... vision-less"

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2017...eak-ineffective-vision-less-with-no-identity/
“Here’s my view on the Republican Party,” said Hannity. “It is a dead party. They are morally corrupt, they are weak. They are ineffective, they’re vision-less, and they have no identity.”

Politically, Hannity said, “I do believe I’ve never changed. I do believe the Republican Party left me, and I feel it is heartbreaking to me, because so many people trusted them in 2010, 2014 – Give us the House, give us the Senate – then they get the White House and they turn on a man that’s advocating the same principles that they have been quoting for years on the campaign trail.”
Even that GOP tool is souring on them.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Yes. Hannity is a tool. His support of Trump was shameless. He can't take the high ground here.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
His reasons are stupid, but he gets the conclusion right, so I am giving him credit.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
lol, at first I was thinking it was Scarborough, then realized it was Hannity. Ah ya, good judgement is what left him, if he ever had it.

Mar 11, 2004
He's right that Trump campaigned on the shit that many of the GOP and conservative pieces of shit have been spouting for years. The thing is, I don't think most of them believed it, they were just trying to rile up the base to garner support (similar to the British politicians that did the same thing with Brexit). Then he took it and ran with it and basically legitimized the belief of conspiracy and bullshit. Its why I wasn't surprised at all that Trump fucking dominated the fucking troglodites like Ted Cruz, and old feckless chumps like Jeb. I was however surprised that people came up with reasons to vote for Trump in the end, after they spent so much time saying that "he had crossed a line" so many times. But after that, I'm not surprised at all that people are having no problem defending people like Roy Moore.

Mar 11, 2004
He's just lubing up so that Trump can enter him all the way up.

I think you have it backwards. I think Hannity full on dictated Trump's campaign. I don't think Trump believes any ideology beyond that he thinks he's the best person to have ever lived. I really don't think he gives a shit about the details, he just wants to be the face of America, and thinks that's enough for him to do (and legitimately thinks that is all the President is, and why he's pissed that Obama "dabbled in politics so much"). He just realized that it is easier to lie to the Republican base, and took all of his ideas from Fox News, and has left all of the actual policy to the politicians. He just tells them "I said this, and people cheered like crazy at my rally, make it happen!"

That's also why Hannity and similar (Bannon, forget who all the shitspewing conservative goblins are, but lots of them have been saying what Hannity is) are so mad. They finally got their candidate, and they think the GOP is fucking up actually instituting their policies.

Reactions: glenn1

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
He's right that Trump campaigned on the shit that many of the GOP and conservative pieces of shit have been spouting for years.

On some issues. But he also basically argued for universal health care and no cuts to Medicaid, Medicare, and SS.Also didn't go with a flat tax like the rest.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Quite to the contrary, it seems to me that the Repubs in general may seem to be in turmoil at times, but when it comes to getting out the vote, that 'ol feeling of fear and hate that got ingrained into their very souls by the GOP spin machine kicks in all while the GOP propaganda apparatchiks cranks up that same 'ol patriotic divisive song and dance bullshit and the bulk of the faithful along with their ever reliable nutjob base will march lockstep down to the polls and do their duty for God and Party.

More so, now that the party is shrinking and now that the Christian church is on the decline, a sentiment of being outnumbered will pervade and prevail. That in itself represents a threat to their very existence and that's something the party will assuredly focus on and exploit to its utmost. Nothing like giving their constituency a healthy boost to their fear factor and then pointing to the Democrat Party as the source of all that they fear and hate.

For the party in decline, and for the party that has to constantly lie their asses off to keep their constituency on their side of the fence, and for the party that just blatantly exposed how they are fighting tooth and nail to give the wealthy everything and more of what they demand in return for their donations, it looks as if the Repubs in DC are going to scream and shout louder than ever how Hillary, the evil one incarnate and all of those heathen gay marrying fetus murderers may take over the country if the party faithful don't take things seriously enough.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Give me a break. When he says

when they get the White House and they turn on a man that’s advocating the same principles that they have been quoting for years on the campaign trail.

It apparently doesn't occur to him for one second to ask the obvious question of why some republicans have turned on Trump. Why indeed, in these hyper-partisan times, would officials of either political party turn on a POTUS of their own party? There must be some explanation for it. And it's just on the tip of my tongue. Might it have something to do with... Trump? I don't seem to recall so many sitting GOP Congress people turning on George Bush, and that was a difficult presidency to say the least.

Hannity can't confront the logical conclusion of what stares him in the face, that at least some of the left's criticisms of Trump must be true or you wouldn't see this kind of public criticism coming from people who have been more loyal to past GOP POTUSES. Hannity is pathologically unable to attribute any fault to Trump or to acknowledge any flaw of Trump. And he's a lying sack of shit too. F*** him. I prefer the people he's berating here - people like Corker, Flake, McCain - over him by a longshot.

Mar 11, 2004
On some issues. But he also basically argued for universal health care and no cuts to Medicaid, Medicare, and SS.Also didn't go with a flat tax like the rest.

He did? I don't recall that. I recall him saying he was going to destroy Obamacare and replace it with something absolutely better. Which, to any person that knows shit, sure that's public healthcare, but Turmp didn't know that. And he backed up Republican plans repeatedly, so I think its major stretch to say he actually differed with them on that. I'm pretty sure that most of the Republicans have also claimed they wouldn't cut that stuff publicly because they pretty much have to in order to play to their base. If they specifically mention stuff (unless its welfare, then they frame it a certain way so that they get even the people on welfare to think its rife with abuse and thus needs overhauled), they often say they're not going to make it worse, when that is absolutely their plan. They try to claim they're "streamlining it" or making it "efficient" or various other terms that just means "cut, cut, cut".

Granted, Turmp was pretty much all bluster (like I said, I don't think he cares, or even knows, basic policy ideas, and he did have some advisors that likely staked out those details, while Turmp just viewed them more simplistically), but while they might have differed some on the specifics, they were on lockstep on the overall ideas (tax cuts, kill Obamacare, work on entitlements and regulations, build walls, etc etc).

Which, sure, I could buy that he legit believes that you can both gut those programs by cutting taxes, but somehow also expand them. Judging on the way he ran his companies, he might have. But anyone with half a brain could see how that obviously was not gonna work.

All the rest? Wasn't it just some of them? Sure several of the Pres nomination candidates pushed that, but they were also the ones about as crazy as Turmp. And flat tax is like single-payer was. They can talk about it in their own party, but its a largely a non-starter outside of it. Which is why they likely changed from that for practical reasons. They wouldn't be able to lie about their tax reform like they have if they went with a flat tax as it simplified things so much that even the dumbest voters could see it for what it was.

Triloby

Mar 18, 2016
And yet he'll continue cheer leading both GOP and Trump despite his "misgivings". No matter what criticisms he has for them, his words still ring hollow at the end of the day.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Give me a break. When he says

It apparently doesn't occur to him for one second to ask the obvious question of why some republicans have turned on Trump. Why indeed, in these hyper-partisan times, would officials of either political party turn on a POTUS of their own party? There must be some explanation for it. And it's just on the tip of my tongue. Might it have something to do with... Trump? I don't seem to recall so many sitting GOP Congress people turning on George Bush, and that was a difficult presidency to say the least.

Hannity can't confront the logical conclusion of what stares him in the face, that at least some of the left's criticisms of Trump must be true or you wouldn't see this kind of public criticism coming from people who have been more loyal to past GOP POTUSES. Hannity is pathologically unable to attribute any fault to Trump or to acknowledge any flaw of Trump. And he's a lying sack of shit too. F*** him. I prefer the people he's berating here - people like Corker, Flake, McCain - over him by a longshot.

Republicans haven't turned on trump. You can probably count on one hand the number of Republicans that are so fed up with trump and what he's turned the party into that they left the Republican party.

Unless they remove themselves from their party, they are complicit in its choices and the direction its heading.

For Christ sakes, we have Republican leadership on record as saying they are ok with a pedophile being elected because they need the votes.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Republicans haven't turned on trump. You can probably count on one hand the number of Republicans that are so fed up with trump and what he's turned the party into that they left the Republican party.
Notice how quickly they paved over any resistance when the possibility of losing seats was raised? Nope can't have any of that as party ethical relativism supersedes any hope of morally descent ethical behavior. Conservative family values indeed.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Notice how quickly they paved over any resistance when the possibility of losing seats was raised? Nope can't have any of that as party ethical relativism supersedes any hope of morally descent ethical behavior. Conservative family values indeed.

You do know why trump supports him right? Its because he takes the heat off of trump. Moore is so toxic that he's taking up the conversation as opposed to the FUCKING PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WHO IS BEING INVESTIGATED FOR CORRUPTION.

And the Republican leadership loves it as well because it means people aren't talking about the worst tax "reform" plan that is a give away to the rich and path forward for Republicans to gut entitlements.

In a hundred years there will be movies about this shit!

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
He did? I don't recall that. I recall him saying he was going to destroy Obamacare and replace it with something absolutely better. Which, to any person that knows shit, sure that's public healthcare, but Turmp didn't know that. And he backed up Republican plans repeatedly, so I think its major stretch to say he actually differed with them on that. I'm pretty sure that most of the Republicans have also claimed they wouldn't cut that stuff publicly because they pretty much have to in order to play to their base. If they specifically mention stuff (unless its welfare, then they frame it a certain way so that they get even the people on welfare to think its rife with abuse and thus needs overhauled), they often say they're not going to make it worse, when that is absolutely their plan. They try to claim they're "streamlining it" or making it "efficient" or various other terms that just means "cut, cut, cut".

Granted, Turmp was pretty much all bluster (like I said, I don't think he cares, or even knows, basic policy ideas, and he did have some advisors that likely staked out those details, while Turmp just viewed them more simplistically), but while they might have differed some on the specifics, they were on lockstep on the overall ideas (tax cuts, kill Obamacare, work on entitlements and regulations, build walls, etc etc).

Which, sure, I could buy that he legit believes that you can both gut those programs by cutting taxes, but somehow also expand them. Judging on the way he ran his companies, he might have. But anyone with half a brain could see how that obviously was not gonna work.

All the rest? Wasn't it just some of them? Sure several of the Pres nomination candidates pushed that, but they were also the ones about as crazy as Turmp. And flat tax is like single-payer was. They can talk about it in their own party, but its a largely a non-starter outside of it. Which is why they likely changed from that for practical reasons. They wouldn't be able to lie about their tax reform like they have if they went with a flat tax as it simplified things so much that even the dumbest voters could see it for what it was.

He always was just a con man on the make.

"Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders have the identical position on health care," Cruz

"I am going to take care of everybody. I don't care if it costs me votes or not," Trump said. He added: "The government's gonna pay for it." --
Don the Con

“I am going to take care of everybody... Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.” -- Don the Con

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/subjects/social-security/

“I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid.”
-- Don the Con

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
As I watch all of this I am reminded that birds of a feather stick together which the Republicans are demonstrating with each passing day. Trump will lie about anything all day long if it will get him what he wants as will the rest of them while their uneducated base continues with their undying support.

These guys are intent on completing the greatest transfer of wealth to happen in my lifetime yet the very ones who will be negatively impacted the most stick with them.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
what a crock. hannity is a nutcase, who ardently supported Trump. The fact that he believed Trumo meant any of what he says just shows how he votes with his feels. Fuck his feels

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
what a crock. hannity is a nutcase, who ardently supported Trump. The fact that he believed Trumo meant any of what he says just shows how he votes with his feels. Fuck his feels

He's not bashing Trump. He's bashing the establishment Republicans. He's telling the audience what they want to hear. Whoever watches Hannity likely believes Paul Ryan and others are no different than the Democrats. It sounds pretty similar to when Limbaugh said he was tired of carrying the water of the GOP.

From Boehner's recent interview:

"But you know, who was that right-wing guy, [Mark] Levin? He went really crazy right and got a big audience, and he dragged [Sean] Hannity to the dark side. He dragged Rush to the dark side. And these guys—I used to talk to them all the time. And suddenly they’re beating the living shit out of me.”"