Hannity attacking the "blue blood, intellectual" Republicans

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Like Brooks and Frum. I was able to go home for lunch today and on my way back, flipped on KRZY for a listen in to the latest in nut-jobbiness. He was attacking the prominent conservatives in the party and calling them spineless.

Ooooh does the GOP ever have a huge split in it's future. I can't wait.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
The GOP is already split. Why?

"Where there is no vision, the people perish." Proverbs

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Jettison the religious right from the Republic party, leaving behind the likes of 2000 McCain. You've now got a wonderfully sustainable GOP, tada!

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Yeah, if the Republicans didn't take such harsh stances on social issues, I might consider voting for them sometimes.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
I agree they should... The religious right do not belong in govt... The issue is, if you boot the religious right, you lost probably 1/3 of your party and its going to be really tough to win any election with 1/3 less reps.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: retrospooty
I agree they should... The religious right do not belong in govt... The issue is, if you boot the religious right, you lost probably 1/3 of your party and its going to be really tough to win any election with 1/3 less reps.

Yeah, but who are those 1/3 realistically gonna vote for?

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Arkaign
Originally posted by: retrospooty

Yeah, but who are those 1/3 realistically gonna vote for?

Many of them would prefer the Democratic party because they're more anti-war, but they vote for Republicans anyway because of the abortion issue.

Not that the GOP has done much about abortion... as others have said, it's one of those things they want to keep around so they can keep using it to get votes.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
It is not that the GOP can just drop the Religious Right. After the GOP finds themselves again, they'll need to reverse the brainwashing they did on the RR. They can't just drop constituents and not expect lose votes.

Remember, the Religious Right were a group of people who once refused to vote, they were told not to by their leaders.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: mrSHEiK124
Jettison the religious right from the Republic party, leaving behind the likes of 2000 McCain. You've now got a wonderfully sustainable GOP, tada!

how do you figure? every GOP moderate has gotten voted out.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Even as a partisan dem, I have to regard this as a little bit of a troll bait thread. But for a Hannity I will make an exception. After losing 11/4/2008 big time, the GOP has to be asking why why and why. If the Hannity premise is " attacking the "blue blood, intellectual" Republicans.", I can only say that is the wrong thing to do. If Hannity wants to exhibit half the brains of the salmonella bacteria, I suppose its his free speech right. But when the GOP loses its a good part of its brains, and denies them a place at the autopsy, no one benefits.

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
The democrats dropped the segregationists in the 1960s
and look at them now, flourishing.

People said the Democratic party was doomed then.

It may take awhile, but by dropping the intolerant faction
of thier party, I believe Republicans can rebound and be even stronger than they are /were.

Most Americans are Socially Liberal - Central / Fiscally Conservative - Central.

Dems have maintained their Socially Liberal - Central stance and in comparison to today's Republicans, are just about as Fiscally Conservative.

Republicans have gone totally socially conservative and lost their fiscal stance, by spending like crazy.

They need to regain their Fiscal conservative stance and move central, socially.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
The dems tanked in 04, came back in 06 and 08. Obama will screw up, or situations may arise that will make him have to do unpopular things (cue Biden). At some point, it will not be so un-cool to say your are a Republican, and it will swing back.

Welcome to US politics.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
The Republican Party doesn't represent any sustainable human values. They shouldn't survive. But, they will survive because we have about 100 million dysfunctional humans living in America. Many of those people think the world revolves around THEM, and their money, and their color tvs, and their GOD, and their history. I'm sorry, but I cannot find a single redeeming social value represented by the Republican Party. The Dems are slightly better...so my hope is peering out of the basement warily. In the words of the immortal Yeats:

"Cast a cold eye on life, on death. Horseman pass by!"

-Robert

-Robert

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002
Originally posted by: chess9
The Republican Party doesn't represent any sustainable human values. They shouldn't survive.

Thanks for the death wish :roll:
Typical of you liberals. You guys keep calling for tolerance and equality but really you tolerate nothing that happens to be contrary to what you want. Hypocrites.

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
Originally posted by: SparkyJJO
The Republican Party doesn't represent any sustainable human values. They shouldn't survive.

Typical of you liberals. You guys keep calling for tolerance and equality but really you tolerate nothing that happens to be contrary to what you want. Hypocrites.

do you feel better? you find some random person on a forum to reinforce your bogus views about liberals.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
if they ditch the RR, wouldn't that make them the libertarian party?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
You guys keep calling for tolerance and equality but really you tolerate nothing that happens to be contrary to what you want. Hypocrites.

You mean like gay rights? Should we tolerate people not being given rights? Like the repigs are bastions of tolerance equality and listening to the other side. They acted like it was lord of the flies when they were in charge. Never did they want to work with the dems. They painted them as lower beings with no god. And you know what? The dems wont do that. We will still reach across the table and invite the republicans to help shape policy. You know why? Because its best for the country when we work together.

Hell this past election the repubs were still trying to run on a campaign painting the dems as the "other america" not "real". Be fearful of leaders who act like that.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Start a new less stupid Party.