Hamas Targeted Israeli Nuclear Facility With Rockets

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
I hope Palestine keeps shooting rockets, Iron Dome keeps swatting them down, and terrorists & their families keep getting bombed. :thumbsup:

The tears of the rabid anti "zionist" sustain me during this tough monday. :thumbsup:

Actualy thoses post as well as opossums made my day because my sayings did force you to expose yourself for what you are, far from the victimhood you re constantly feeding the forum ad nauseam you just proved that you are part of the hypocrite and worthless people, in short you have lost but are all three just too dumb to think that you can force other people to see you as you want to be seen...

A few rockets? We're talking about thousands of rockets. And once again you fail to acknowledge the fact that Hamas intentionally targets innocents as if this is somehow justifiable for some perverted reason. Hell, they were targeting a nuclear reactor ffs.

Thousand of rockets since israel started to agress gaza...and still, it s hundreds but i like how you re voluntarly inflating the numbers.

You should search for other sources than fauxnews or israeli/zionist sites..

Or perhaps you want a graph of the daily numbers for the last 10 days.??.
There s one wich was posted in a french site, i ll post it once i find the page again...

Last edited:

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
When stating that Israel does not belong on Palestinian land; pro-Israel people run to the UN's decision and recognition of Israel.

When the UN criticizes Israel's heavy handed responses to Palestinian attacks the same people respond with; the UN is fucking stupid! Who listens to them?!

Accept the UN,.. only when its convenient.

How far back in time do you want to go?
1948 - UN creation of Israel
1920 - Palestine Mandate
1500 - Ottoman Empire
600 - Arab rule

Realize that since the UN creation; the UN has continually ignored Israel and favored those that have wanted to destroy her.

Arabs & Palestinians have attacked her with the intent to cripple/destroy. And when she recovers from such attacks, goes on the offensive; their enemies running crying to cover promising to never again do such things.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
Time line please?

As i said to docsavage i ll post a graph and since you re asking for it i ll check for the timeline since it was posted in the same site, actualy a french forum wich is equally "squatted" either by people favouring palestinians and french or israeli jews, besides i find that the debate there is much more consensual if ever this word has a meaning when discussing this matter.

Edit : The graph

jD3czz6.jpg

Last edited:

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
Realize that since the UN creation; the UN has continually ignored Israel and favored those that have wanted to destroy her.

1956 , israel attacked egypt and the same in 1967, so what drugs are you on, if i can do some innoffensive ad hominem, i wont even discuss 1948 because Ben gourion expressely stated that the recognition of israel was only a step before the annexion of the palestinian part as well as the west banks that belonged to Jordan at the time...

Want the quote about it or will you do the effort to use google search.??.

For the record westbanks were called transjordan at the time, this can help you when googling..

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2006
Thousand of rockets since israel started to agress gaza...and still, it s hundreds but i like how you re voluntarly inflating the numbers.

You should search for other sources than fauxnews or israeli/zionist sites..

Or perhaps you want a graph of the daily numbers for the last 10 days.??.
There s one wich was posted in a french site, i ll post it once i find the page again...
They're currently averaging about 100 rockets a day now. Is that number acceptable to you?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel,_2014

Interesting article on this....you should read it. Are these rocket attack numbers acceptable or do you feel they're inflated as as well?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel

Since 2001, Palestinian militants have launched thousands of rocket and mortar attacks on Israel from the Gaza Strip as part of the continuing Arab–Israeli conflict. As of November 2012, the attacks have killed 64 people, mostly civilians, and injured thousands, but their main effect is their creation of widespread psychological trauma and disruption of daily life among the Israeli populace.[1] Medical studies in Sderot, the Israeli city closest to the Gaza Strip, have documented a post-traumatic stress disorder incidence among young children of almost 50%, as well as high rates of depression and miscarriage.[2][3][4] A public opinion poll conducted in March 2013 found that most Palestinians do not support firing rockets at Israel from the Gaza Strip.[5]

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Some people get ignorance in the shower every day instead of water. Guess you can't blame them. So I don't blame you at all
According to Eastside Utility, it's water running through my shower. But thank you for playing "I say stupid shit."

Hmmm I was on a US Destroyer that was part of the PLO Evacuation in 1982 and a Israeli gunship threatened to shoot us if we didn't get out of the way so they could shoot the ship carrying the PLO. I don't trust either side of this issue as either would kill Americans or allies that stand in their way.
Probably true - but one side is happy to kill Americans even if they aren't in the way.

How far back in time do you want to go?
1948 - UN creation of Israel
1920 - Palestine Mandate
1500 - Ottoman Empire
600 - Arab rule

Arabs & Palestinians have attacked her with the intent to cripple/destroy. And when she recovers from such attacks, goes on the offensive; their enemies running crying to cover promising to never again do such things.
I don't know what it is about Jews. The ones I've known have uniformly been nice people, but throughout the ages other people have wanted them all dead at an alarming rate. Even now Europe mostly wants them dead or at the least, vanished.

Whiskey16

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2011
A few more quotes that just show that the zionists are nazis in disguise...
Though not calling for collective extermination of people, you are going too far.

Zionism must not simply be equated to high crimes, as practiced by the state of Israel, and even more extremist elements from that society. Zionism reflects a home in Israel for Jews. As such, a distiction must be made between that rational decency to the supremacist extremism of Jews having the order to displace other populations and extra-territorially colonise that land.

We have folks in this thread who are among the most extremist elements of society, advocating the collective extermination of a targetted population in favour of militarily expansionist Zionism.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
Time line please?

june 16 2014 : "We have a goal: to find these three boys and bring them home, and to damage Hamas as much as possible" IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Benny Gantz

So they decided to agress gaza one month ago whatever the fate of the three kidnapped israeli , dead or alive.

PingviN

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2009
Hamas is as cynical as the Israeli govt. Fortunately, they do not have the capability to do much damage. No Israeli has been killed in the recent rockets from Gaza. Not a single one. Yet Israel has, as always, been cruel and barbaric in its response.

Proportionate response is a principle of war recognized throughout the ages. Something Israel govt in all its blood lust and brutality does not care about in the least.

Considering the enormous disadvantage Hamas is at regarding equipment, training and numbers, Israel is hardly barbaric or cruel. They've had every reason a nation could to wipe out their enemies, they haven't.

Hamas stores their munitions under full apartment buildings. They fire their rockets from schools, hospitals and other populated areas. If you want to blame the loss of Palestinian civilians, you need to blame Hamas. You expect any nation to sit back, get bombarded and do nothing about it? Not going to happen.

Israel will [rightfully] continue to target missile sites, munition storage sites and Hamas top dogs. If Hamas worries about Palestinian lives, they should not use them as human shields.

There is a reason why fair minded people all over the world, activists, general population, artists, writers and so on, hold Israel in such low regard and contempt.

Yep, and the reason is lack of intellect. Really, who gives a fuck about what some writer, "activist" or singer thinks? In what world is their opinion about something they don't understand of any value?

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
1956 , israel attacked egypt and the same in 1967, so what drugs are you on, if i can do some innoffensive ad hominem, i wont even discuss 1948 because Ben gourion expressely stated that the recognization of israel was only a step before the annexion of the palestinian part as well as the west banks that belonged to Jordan at the time...

Want the quote about it or will you do the effort to use google search.??.

For the record westbanks were called transjordan at the time, this can help you when googling..

'48 - Attacking Israel as soon as she was declared a state.

'56 Israel attacked Egypt because Egypt was threatening Israel's economic ties. Also, the closing the Suez violated international norms.
On 26 July, in a speech in Alexandria, Nasser gave a riposte to Dulles. During his speech he deliberately pronounced the name of Ferdinand de Lesseps, the builder of the canal, a code-word for Egyptian forces to seize control of the canal and implement its nationalization.[99] He announced that the Nationalization Law had been published, that all assets of the Suez Canal Company had been frozen, and that stockholders would be paid the price of their shares according to the day's closing price on the Paris Stock Exchange.[100] That same day, Egypt closed the canal to Israeli shipping.[101] Egypt also closed the Straits of Tiran to Israeli shipping, and blockaded the Gulf of Aqaba, in contravention of the Constantinople Convention of 1888. Many argued that this was also a violation of the 1949 Armistice Agreements.[102][103]

'67; the Arabs had teamed up against Israel and were already setup for attacking. Israel pulled the trigger at the same time +/- a couple of hours. There were Egyptian commandos in the process of staging out of Jordan.
Third Arab–Israeli War, was fought between June 5 and 10, 1967, by Israel and the neighboring states of Egypt (known at the time as the United Arab Republic), Jordan, and Syria. The war began on June 5 with Israel launching surprise strikes against Egyptian air-fields in response to the mobilization of Egyptian forces on the Israeli border.

A period of high tension had preceded the war. In response to PLO sabotage acts against Israeli targets,[14][15][16] Israel raided into the Jordanian-controlled West Bank[17][18] and initiated flights over Syria, which ended with aerial clashes over Syrian territory,[19] Syrian artillery attacks against Israeli civilian settlements in the vicinity of the border followed by Israeli responses against Syrian positions in the Golan Heights and encroachments of increasing intensity and frequency into the demilitarized zones along the Syrian border,[20] and culminating in Egypt blocking the Straits of Tiran,[21] deploying its troops near Israel's border, and ordering the evacuation of the U.N. buffer force from the Sinai Peninsula

Arabs & Palestinians were looking for trouble and Israel obliged.

'73 - Israel was not preparing for war; yet again the Arabs attacked.
The war began when the Arab coalition launched a joint surprise attack on Israeli positions in the Israeli-occupied territories on Yom Kippur, the holiest day in Judaism, which occurred that year during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. Egyptian and Syrian forces crossed ceasefire lines to enter the Sinai Peninsula and Golan Heights respectively, which had been captured by Israel in the 1967 Six-Day War

On all those occasions; the Palestinians (in general) supported the Arabs and it ended up being on the wrong side. Yet you feel that they should be rewarded.

Multiple times they were; by Israel not finishing off the battle; but accepting peace with the promises of the UN and the Arabs to let her live in peace.

The Arabs/Muslims in general have not.
  • Syria has not.
  • Lebanon finally stopped officially going after Israel until Hezbollah integrated into the government.
  • Jordan wised up after '67 and accepted Israel. They also realized that the Palestinians were a problem and wanted to continue being a problem.
  • Egypt wised up after '73 but still recently was cooperating with Hamas under the table.
  • Iraq under Saddam had no issues supporting terrorists and lobbing missiles at Israel
  • Iran wants to destroy Israel and provides arms to Syria/Hezbollah and Hamas
  • Libya (under Qaddafi) was the same as Iraq. No one knows what the current crop intentions are there

Nov 30, 2006
june 16 2014 : "We have a goal: to find these three boys and bring them home, and to damage Hamas as much as possible" IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Benny Gantz

Have you read the Hamas charter and their stated goals by chance?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas_Charter

So they decided to agress gaza one month ago whatever the fate of the three kidnapped israeli , dead or alive.
Hamas poked the bear too many times...the teenager killings were the last straw.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
Though not calling for collective extermination of people, you are going too far.

Zionism must not simply be equated to high crimes, as practiced by the state of Israel, and even more extremist elements from that society. Zionism reflects a home in Israel for Jews. As such, a distiction must be made between that rational decency to the supremacist extremism of Jews having the order to displace other populations and extra-territorially colonise that land.

We have folks in this thread who are among the most extremist elements of society, advocating the collective extermination of a targetted population in favour of militarily expansionist Zionism.

Let say continual collective punishment because they didnt "vote accordingly" in 1948 and as long as they dont leave palestine., but still theses are war crimes because the purpose is to confiscate always more land, this continual agression purpose is to force the palestinians to emigrate and abandon their rightfull properties to the israeli state.

They are in the same position that the american native inhabitants whose properties were spolied by various immigrants by mean of force.

As for the supremacists that are spreading their despicable ideology i m fully aware of their continual propaganda, it s just that i generaly do not post in USA related issues where they can be found, generaly as promoters of a rabid capitalism that advocate more or less for the return of slavery, those fool just cant imagine that in a such a world they would likely be the slaves but heck, it s just too intellectually challenging for them to guess that they are not the best armed intellectually speaking to get the upper places hence their support of violence because only through violence they could dominate the others, so it makes no surprise that they are siding with ruthless people as this is the very mentality entrenched in what serves them as a brain.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012

From the Washington Post
The Israeli military reports that 802 rockets had been fired at Israel since operations began Tuesday.

I doubt Hamas is going to announce the totals.

Wiki List

For 2014
Jan 26
Feb 9
Mar 65
Apr 24
May 7
June 41+
July 100+ (prior to the last 10 days)

It seems like Hamas was looking to provoke Israel with all the rockets;they just kept increasing the volume. Now that Israel finally responded, people are up in arms and making a big deal over what Israel is doing.

Where were the complaints over the past 6 months over what was being done?
Or do you and others feel that Israel has to take everything and not respond.?

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
Have you read the Hamas charter and their stated goals by chance?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas_Charter

But did you check the Likud charter .??..Or are you asking the palestinians to recognize what is expressely negated to them by the current ruling israeli party that is officaly advocating for colonization and thus for war.???..

"The Jewish communities in Judea, Samaria and Gaza are the realization of Zionist values. Settlement of the land is a clear expression of the unassailable right of the Jewish people to the Land of Israel and constitutes an important asset in the defense of the vital interests of the State of Israel. The Likud will continue to strengthen and develop these communities and will prevent their uprooting.
"The Government of Israel flatly rejects the establishment of a Palestinian Arab state west of the Jordan river. The Palestinians can run their lives freely in the framework of self-rule, but not as an independent and sovereign state. Thus, for example, in matters of foreign affairs, security, immigration and ecology, their activity shall be limited in accordance with imperatives of Israel’s existence, security and national needs."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Likud

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012

Hamas was responsible and/or complicit. consider this the straw tat borke the proverbial camel's back.

Again, how much should Israel bend over backwards. Hamas was itching for another fight due to actions that they instigated/allows/encouraged.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
From the Washington Post

I doubt Hamas is going to announce the totals.

Wiki List

For 2014
Jan 26
Feb 9
Mar 65
Apr 24
May 7
June 41+
July 100+ (prior to the last 10 days)

It seems like Hamas was looking to provoke Israel with all the rockets;they just kept increasing the volume. Now that Israel finally responded, people are up in arms and making a big deal over what Israel is doing.

Where were the complaints over the past 6 months over what was being done?
Or do you and others feel that Israel has to take everything and not respond.?

Did you miss this in my previous post.???.

jD3czz6.jpg

Now tell me how much dead resulting from thoses rockets, and beside :

27.12.13 - IAF strikes multiple targets in Gaza
09.01.14 - Israel strikes Gaza after three mortar shells fired at troops near security fence
09.02.14 - IAF strikes suspected Palestinian terrorist in central Gaza Strip
12.03.14 - IDF strikes 29 Gaza sites after barrage of rockets hits southern Israeli cities
23.04.14 - Two rockets exploded in southern Israel on Wednesday, after Israel launched an air strike in the Gaza

Day/month/year.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
Hamas was responsible and/or complicit. consider this the straw tat borke the proverbial camel's back.

Only an inquiry can conclude who is responsible, yet the israeli, and you, did point the hamas even before the kidnapped were found and even if alive :

"We have a goal: to find these three boys and bring them home, and to damage Hamas as much as possible" IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Benny Gantz
Know how to read...??

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
But did you check the Likud charter .??..Or are you asking the palestinians to recognize what is expressely negated to them by the current ruling israeli party that is officaly advocating for colonization and thus for war.???..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Likud
The Palestinians had land granted to them "in trust" back in '47. The Arab countries surrounding Israel did not want a state for them, they wanted the land for themselves.
They (Palestinians) wanted more, have tried to get it well past the original boundaries and continually have ended up with less.

They use their past mistakes/punishment as justification for their current actions. And what do those actions generate - more misery.

Germany did the same back after WW1 - used the actions of the winners as an excuse to rebuild and start WW2. Now, they have learned from their mistakes and are willing to live within the boundaries that were granted after losing the war.

The Palestinians have not and they will continue to suffer by supporting leadership that knows that they willnot succeed, but need the conflict to justify their existance, no matter what the cost is to their people.

As others have stated, those in Gaza are worse off than those in the West Bank. $$ spent on weapons that have accomplished nothing but create misery could have been used to better the lives of those in Gaza and show Israel that they want peace not conflict. Economic progress makes people want to improve their lot even more rather than complain and scratch out an existence.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012

Day/month/year.

Hundreds of rockets in just 2014 is not trying to live in peace. It is poking an adversary to the point that you desire a retaliation.

Those lack of deaths are due to Israel desiring to protect it's citizens. Hamas launches from populated areas where there the most retaliatory damage can occur. Makes good sob press. Hamas had no need to send the rockets continually into Israel if they desired peace.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
Only an inquiry can conclude who is responsible, yet the israeli, and you, did point the hamas even before the kidnapped were found and even if alive :

Know how to read...??

Hamas was praising those that did such a kidnapping/execution. They also refused to deny involvement.

The Palestinians did nothing about trying to identify those responsible.
then complain that Israel went to find the boys.

Hamas knew that this would be a serious issue and were willing to allow it to ignite.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
The Palestinians had land granted to them "in trust" back in '47.

Complete inversion of the truth, actually it was jews that were given sovereignty over lands that belonged to palestinians, jews at the time did own something like 15-20% of the land they were given.

But if you think that it was enough for them let s see what was the plan at the time :

The acceptance of partition does not commit us to renounce Transjordan: one does not demand from anybody to give up his vision. We shall accept a state in the boundaries fixed today, but the boundaries of Zionist aspirations are the concern of the Jewish people and no external factor will be able to limit them.
http://simple.wikiquote.org/wiki/David_Ben-Gurion

This is clear but wait, you know better than him , dont you..?.

And forever spreading falsehood as well...

Nov 30, 2006

jD3czz6.jpg

Day/month/year.
Did you not read cabri's post or my links? The graph you posted represents a very small slice of time...it distorts the fact that these rocket attacks have been going on for a long, long time (since 2001). Hell, there were 65 attacks during last March alone which was well before the teenager killings. These killings were the last straw.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
When Hamas stops the attacks and show they are concerned for the residents of Gaza; then I will condemn Israel if they launch an attack.

as long as Hamas attacks Israel in anyway; I will support Israel right to defend and respond. the response needs not be proportional because Hamas cares not.

Same goes for the West Bank; leave Israel alone and cut the ties to Hamas if you want to better yourself. Israel has control and if you want control; show that you will be responsible.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
for those of you who refuse to see it the way it is:

1) Hamas is a terrorist organization just like Al-Qaeda, Taliban, ISIS etc' . Israel is a sovereign state.
2) Hamas is the governing force in Gaza which attacks aforementioned sovereign state on a daily basis since 2006
3) there are casualties only on the Palestinian side because Hamas uses them as human shields and their weapon has been rendedred ineffective, but they keep firing anyways.
4) Hamas is committing a double war crime: firing at civilian targets exclusively and using human shields, and is not bound by agreements because it's not a formal state. israel is bound by all "Genevas" and "Helsinkis" ever written and does everything it can to prevent civilian casualties. this is well documented in many reports.
5) even if a truce is signed tomorrow morning, the Islamic Jihad (another organization in Gaza) is not bound by any agreement and can still fire, and Hamas would be like "dude, not us." that's their game.
6) Death toll is not the only measure of a war. currently, 5 million Israelis are under the thread of rocket fire. Hamas never targets millitary targets, well...because it can't aim.
7) the people of Gaza are indeed under occupation - by a terrorist organization that was elected at gun point. they cannot resist, they don't have weapons.
8) Hamas leadership is hoarding millions of dollars in aid, just like Yasser Arafat did, while the people they rule over starve. (if you can read hebrew i'll gladly supply the information).

cease fire talks are going on now with the mediation of the Egyptians. but we all know Hamas only buys more time until the next round of fighting.

Last edited: