• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Halo Infinite Beta

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Got into the beta for Halo Infinite multiplayer. I have played about 5 matches. The gameplay is tight and fluid. Nice gunplay. Grapple is fun. The only thing available right now is the Bot training, 4 vs 4 team slayer, and shooting range. Game looks ready from a gameplay perspective. Will have to see once they open up more gameplay modes this weekend.

The backend needs some work (might just be stress testing issues). The loadtimes are oddly long, can take upwards of 30 seconds to load into a match. Some of the menus take a while to popup. I encountered 1 timeout when connecting to the servers.

Customizations are pretty decent. Default everyone has ~10 colors you can choose from and a couple of options for armor pieces. They gave everyone enough credits to buy stuff in the shop and get the battlepass. Will have to see how they handle the monetization side once it is released.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
After ~5.5 hrs I am enjoying it. I suck, I haven't really played an arena style FPS is a LOOONG time. Nice change of pace from the dominant BR style FPS that are out there. Maps are just the right size for 4v4. Next weekend they are supposed to test out the 8v8 modes. There has been some hiccups with connecting to games, but once in the gameplay is very solid.

I am not sure about the customization, seems not that interesting, I mean there is only so much you can do to the spartan armor. But that is a problem for 343 in trying to monetize it.

Graphic wise it is looking very solid, but the settings seems a little wonky. Changing things doesn't seem to do a whole lot. Even at Low everything looks really good.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

ASK THE COMMUNITY