Halo 2 weekly updates from Bungie

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Week #1

Just a sample...
And the technical side is staggering. Almost every aspect of Halo 2 is new. This is NOT based on the Halo One engine. You will not see a single repeated texture, skeleton, bitmap or particle effect. It's all new. The robust, imaginative design anchors it firmly in the universe you've grown to love of course. Massively improved or not, you'll recognize it instantly as Halo. You could walk up to a textured wall until your helmet was mere inches from the surface and recognize somehow that it's Halo. It's kept its flava.

But there's so much here that's new. It's so much bigger than I'd anticipated. So much more ambitious, that it takes a while to wrap your head around. I think it's going to redefine my expectations for a sequel. I think that after Halo 2, more tracks, more characters, different music ? that's simply not going to be enough.
I can't wait! *drool* :D

Oh yeah... You Halo/Xbox/Console bashers can just go find another thread to poop on! :p

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
I hope they copy/paste to extend the game an additional 12 levels, like the first one. Artificial lengthening is the best Jerry, the best.

clicknext

Banned
Mar 27, 2002
Originally posted by: Wingznut
Oh yeah... You Halo/Xbox/Console bashers can just go find another thread to poop on! :p
Why should we when this one is ripe for the pooping? :D

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
I'm hearing rumors it's being pushed back to 6/1/2004 release date :| :| Gamestop is listing it as that now, EBgames still as 4/1/2004, Best Buy as the week of 3/1-3/6. Can't find any news of it on halo.bungie.org, hopefully we'll find out real soon.

EpsiIon

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Anubis
i might actually buy an xbox for this

I was going to reply disdainfully until I realized that I'm going to buy a top-end video card for Half-Life 2. :)

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Nah, don't buy an Xbox just for Halo 2... Buy it for Halo 2, PGR2, Soul Calibur, Top Spin, Crimson Skies, ESPN NFL, ESPN NHL, etc... :)

Oh yeah, and you can enjoy them all from the comfort of your living room couch. And, if properly equipped, on a widescreen TV surrounded by 5.1 DD audio. :D

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
Nah, don't buy an Xbox just for Halo 2... Buy it for Halo 2, PGR2, Soul Calibur, Top Spin, Crimson Skies, ESPN NFL, ESPN NHL, etc... :)

Oh yeah, and you can enjoy them all from the comfort of your living room couch. And, if properly equipped, on a widescreen TV surrounded by 5.1 DD audio. :D
Yup. Agreed. Halo 2 is just going to own when it comes out, but there are many other games that are excellent. I personally can't wait for Halo 2. I will get it for my XBox. I do hope that they release it for the PC on or around the same time, so that I can get the free internet gaming experience. I haven't joined the XBox Live crowd yet, but like free online gaming.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: KraziKid

Yup. Agreed. Halo 2 is just going to own when it comes out, but there are many other games that are excellent. I personally can't wait for Halo 2. I will get it for my XBox. I do hope that they release it for the PC on or around the same time, so that I can get the free internet gaming experience. I haven't joined the XBox Live crowd yet, but like free online gaming.

It definitely will not come out on the PC at the same time - it would defy the point of having it on XBox if everyone is going to buy it on the PC. I'd much rather play games on a nice tv and couch though like stated. Screw kb+mouse accuracy - I was a hardcore FPS PC gamer in my early college days and I love the controller. All the good PC games are coming to the XBox anyway - HL2, Doom3 - it's gonna be a good year

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
Originally posted by: KraziKid

It definitely will not come out on the PC at the same time - it would defy the point of having it on XBox if everyone is going to buy it on the PC. I'd much rather play games on a nice tv and couch though like stated. Screw kb+mouse accuracy - I was a hardcore FPS PC gamer in my early college days and I love the controller. All the good PC games are coming to the XBox anyway - HL2, Doom3 - it's gonna be a good year
I agree, Halo on the XBox is better than the PC, but I would like the PC one for the free online gameplay. I am going to college next year, so I don't really think I need XBox Live right now, but wouldn't mind online play for free.