Halo 2 Vista

S

SlitheryDee

So I got Halo 2 for Vista today. I've had the game for four hours now and I haven't played it at all.

First of all does this game support widescreen or not? When you click the video button under settings one time, the game tells you that you can use this menu to change detail settings, screen resolution, and aspect ratio among other things. Click it again and the video menu pops up, but there isn't an option for aspect ratio and there aren't any widescreen resolutions listed. What gives?

Second there's L!ve. I went through the trouble to create a Live account from within the game and Halo 2 doesn't seem to be recognizing it. When I try to start the campaign mode it tells me that since I'm not logged on to live I can't get any acheivement points, only I AM logged in to live. I even get the little message at the bottom of the screen when I start the game ("SlitheryDee signed in"). I guess it's a minor issue, but the point is that it should work and it doesn't. Any ideas?

Coolone

Aug 18, 2001
Slow down before you hurt yourself...

1. Put the game down
2. Go for a walk
3. Come back
4. Uninstall Halo 2
5. Install any other game where the title can be used in the same sentence as the words "fun" or "functional"
6. Live a happy and long life
7. ?????
8. PROFIT!!!

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
WSGF says there is native, Hor+ support, but some resolutions aren't supported or they don't show up.

Read through this thread , especially on page 2 towards the bottom, there seems to be a bug with WS resolutions not showing up in the video menu even though they should be supported. The comments with the FOV and whatnot sound like it is not too good if it works anyway.

Also, if the resolution you want to use is not showing as a valid 2D desktop resolution, you might have to add it as a custom resolution before it will work in games. I've had to do that for games I wanted to use at say 1280x800, which wasn't a desktop resolution until I added it, then it worked in-game.

Jules

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Coolone

1. Put the game down
2. Go for a walk
3. Come back
4. Uninstall Halo 2
5. Install any other game where the title can be used in the same sentence as the words "fun" or "functional"
7. ?????
8. PROFIT!!!

If your not gonna help why even post moron?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: MyStupidMouth

1. Put the game down
2. Go for a walk
3. Come back
4. Uninstall Halo 2
7. ?????
8. PROFIT!!!

depending on who you ask, his advice may be what some may call "help" ;)

Coolone

Aug 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
Originally posted by: MyStupidMouth

1. Put the game down
2. Go for a walk
3. Come back
4. Uninstall Halo 2
7. ?????
8. PROFIT!!!

depending on who you ask, his advice may be what some may call "help" ;)

He's right, I consider my post to be valuable advice to your problem.

P.S. Its also called a joke, chill out man

S

SlitheryDee

Originally posted by: duragezic
WSGF says there is native, Hor+ support, but some resolutions aren't supported or they don't show up.

Read through this thread , especially on page 2 towards the bottom, there seems to be a bug with WS resolutions not showing up in the video menu even though they should be supported. The comments with the FOV and whatnot sound like it is not too good if it works anyway.

Also, if the resolution you want to use is not showing as a valid 2D desktop resolution, you might have to add it as a custom resolution before it will work in games. I've had to do that for games I wanted to use at say 1280x800, which wasn't a desktop resolution until I added it, then it worked in-game.

Thanks. Based on that thread it seems that there is no support for 1440x900, which is the very resolution I'm shooting for. :( Furthermore this will have to be fixed with a patch? :confused: That sucks...

I have no problems running the desktop at my native resolution, so I wouldn't think that it would be necessary to add it as a custom resolution.