Question Halnziye Thermal Compound

ScottAD

Jan 10, 2007
Has anyone used this stuff? I ordered a 3600x from Amazon warehouse and it came with the CPU, the wrong CPU, I opened the box and have a 1600x...so WTH there..

Anyway, has anyone used this stuff? I usually use IC Diamond and MX-4. Going to try Kryonaut once I get the right CPU.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
wow seems like someone bought and switched returned to amazon.
This is why they really need to set up tracking numbers or have people at return know what they are accepting.

I do not like ICDiamond... it etches your heatsinks / ihs / anything you apply on, and you can never get it off unless you relap the surface.
I like MX-4 its cheap, its not the best, but were talking about a couple of C's from the best vs worst. Its consistent and easy to apply.
I do not like Kyronaut, its just too overpriced for what you really get, its good stuff, but just way too overpriced for that 1-2C coretemp which is negligible IRL ... personally i am not a fan of Debaur products. Again majorly overpriced.

My personal favorite is Prolimatech PK-3. Its right in the middle for price vs performance. It has very consistant mount, meaning the spread for a bad application to a perfect application is within 1C, so you don't get much float variance.
It lasts a while, and again, its not super overpriced vs Kryonaut.

Special shout out to ICPAD.

I use these on my servers and OEM builds where overclocking is not important.
It gets really close to thermal paste in OEM builds, it has a much greater X axis transfer over thermal paste, and it lasts almost forever, so you don't need to worry about ever replacing it.

90x90 pad will be good for about 9 builds if were looking at 30x30 cut out.
Again, for non overclocking situations / servers i can not find any fault or flaw in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottAD

ScottAD

Jan 10, 2007
Just an FYI, that thermal grease was atrocious, the Halnziye. I tested it and it did zero for my cpu Temps.

I've applied thermal paste a lot and after 4 applications it was still forcing the CPU you shut down. So hopefully my 1600 is okay while I wait for a real 3600 to come in.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
It was Amazon Warehouse, but I was applying paste to the CPU since I use an AIO. Used thermal grizzly today and all was good.

No what im saying is that should of been a big red flag.

I probably would of immediately box'd it up and sent it back.
Also the stock cooler for the 3600 is absolute garbage.
Seriously consider on getting an aftermarket heat sink.

You can see me Rant a storm about it in this thread.