Hall of Shame inductee: Electronics Boutique, Gulfview Square Mall

kermalou

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2001
linky link

Recently, the EB Games store at the Gulfview Square Mall mistakenly purchased some stolen merchandise. The way it handled the situation has landed that store in the ABC Action News Hall of Shame.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
WTF is that. FVCK EB. If you didn't have Ninja Gaiden one day before everyone else, I would have never have bought it from you.

Now I remeber why I stopped buying from there in the first place.

akodi

Golden Member
Jan 29, 2003
jebus, that's piss poor business ethics...not giving her possessions back to her when they broke the law

crystal

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 1999
While I understand her situation, but who will cover EB lost? What she should do is proscuted the thief to get her money back, i.e., whatever the value those games cost.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: crystal
While I understand her situation, but who will cover EB lost? What she should do is proscuted the thief to get her money back, i.e., whatever the value those games cost.

EB could have sued the thief if they didn't BREAK the fuggin law. Anyway, it was HER property. They have no right to claim it.

95SS

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2003
Originally posted by: crystal

Why should she have to? EB clearly broke the law, they should pony up the $$ and learn from their mistake.

SweetSweetLeroyBrown

Oct 16, 2003
um..wait a minute...why doesn't the police recover the stolen goods? Just because the stolen goods were sold to EB doesn;t mean the police can't still confiscate them.

95SS

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2003
Originally posted by: SweetSweetLeroyBrown
um..wait a minute...why doesn't the police recover the stolen goods? Just because the stolen goods were sold to EB doesn;t mean the police can't still confiscate them.

I wondered that too, with the stuff that EB still had. Some was sold though, and I doubt that EB knows who it was sold to. You'd think that the police would just go to EB and get what they still had, and while they were there, write out a criminal complaint for their trouble.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
:|

that's terrible

It's $87 -- the store probably gets more than that stolen in merchandise in a week.

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
That is total BS. I hated shopping inside the B&M store but now I think i'm going to boycott Ebgames.com all together.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
i dont think its cool what EB did - but....responsible for her losses is the THIEF and not EB !

Still...dont think its right and legal that EB can sell PROVEN stolen stuff ??? Arent they bound to give it out by law ?

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
I understand their wanting the theif to give back the base, but EB should sell her a PS2 and the other stuff they sold for the price they paid the theif.

SaturnX

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Ok, wth, I love how this article makes a big deal out of the fact that EB sells back used good at usually about times the price they buy it for. That's freakin' business how else would they make profit on used game/hardware. But this article seems to make it out that it's an outrage, meanwhile it's been like this for years.

Either way, EB isn't responsible for compensating the woman, it's the theif entirely.

--Mark

That is some major sh!tty business. I hope they get what's coming to them. :|

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Since when does EB Games (or any used video game store) give out CASH for used items.

Didn't it always used to be store credit?

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: SaturnX
Ok, wth, I love how this article makes a big deal out of the fact that EB sells back used good at usually about times the price they buy it for. That's freakin' business how else would they make profit on used game/hardware. But this article seems to make it out that it's an outrage, meanwhile it's been like this for years.

Either way, EB isn't responsible for compensating the woman, it's the theif entirely.

--Mark

Ok then fine them for thousands of dollars for breaking the law. EB is responsible because they already sold some of the merchandise without waiting for 15 days.

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
Originally posted by: mpitts
Since when does EB Games (or any used video game store) give out CASH for used items.

Didn't it always used to be store credit?

No. They offer MORE for store credit, because it is obviously just more cash in their pocket, so they usually fail to say that you can get cash at most locations.

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
Man, for $87 the company is being that cheap? But why is everyone blaming EB for this? Shouldn't they go after the guy that stole it? Make that little SOB pay!