Half Life/CS connection prob with OpenGL

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
I tried getting an answer from the forums at cs.net... uhh I think i'll have better luck here =P Anyway here goes...

I can connect fine to CS with software rendering, but when I try to connect with OpenGL (voodoo3 2000 with 7/1/00 drivers) it hangs right before the "initializing and downloading" part comes up. The computer freezes and I'm forced to reboot. Anyone have fixes for this?

vss1980

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2000
That "initializing and downloading" part is the exact moment in phases into the main game mode. I take it you have tried running it in different resolutions? Dont forget, if OpenGL dont work, you can always try D3D, there isnt that big a difference.

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
Yeah I tried the different resolutions of course. I also followed your advice and tried D3D but I get UV colors, and the game is on left side of the monitor and the other side is gibberish. It looks pretty trippy but umm that's not exactly what I'm looking for when I'm playing a game =P Oh and by the way D3D connects also... (with the funky display) but OpenGL still isn't working... so far I tried the 3dfx mini driver and the default and they both don't work. The funny thing was that OpenGL worked ONCE last night and few days back. It's strange