Half-Life 2 delayed: Grrrrr

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dmw16

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2000
I almost always judge release dates based on when ebgames.com is saying games will ship and they had the delayed release months ago..so this isnt news anymore.
-doug

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
i for one am glad :)
now it seems closer to the d3 release
my 8500 will last me a few more months yet!

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
All of you folks were expecting the game to ship in 6 days?!?!? Just because it's supposed to be tied in with the new R9800XT, does this mean that HL2 that comes with the new Vid card is the full game, or a 'special version' (not the same what you get with the full retail)? I bet ATI is pissed at this as well, since they were expecting to bundle the game with their new card that is launching in 6 days.

Maybe the game was delayed to give Nvidia time to get up to speed with their drivers, and correct the horrid performance?

But I don't know many ATF'ers were thinking the game was going to be released on 9-30-03? I pre-ordered at CompUSSR (part of that 40% off thing) and their ship date is Nov 14th, and so is EB Games ship date. So I was expecting to get this game in November, but now I have no idea.

Now a 'holiday date' could also mean Thanksgiving, but it could mean New Years as well....................

Just my $0.03

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: wicktron
Originally posted by: MagicianBdotCom
As if nothing has been delayed before. Anyone know what happend to Team Fortress 2?

TF2 = The greatest non-game EVAR!

Damn right. I remember seeing some demos on TechTV that looked amazing. Too bad THAT never happened. :)

Looks like I have more time to preorder HL2 then

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Personally I'm glad for it since alongside HL2 I'd have needed a PC upgrade, and I don't really wanna spend the cash now.

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Personally I'm glad for it since alongside HL2 I'd have needed a PC upgrade, and I don't really wanna spend the cash now.

That's silly, I've heard that HL2 is playable even on a DX 7 videocard ;) .

Tetsuo

Lifer
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by: Pocatello
Originally posted by: Skoorb Personally I'm glad for it since alongside HL2 I'd have needed a PC upgrade, and I don't really wanna spend the cash now.

Even on a dx6 card too ;)

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Pocatello
Originally posted by: Skoorb

I've heard that it will run on an old system with a TNT but I ignore it for two reasons:

1) I think they are lying (although my PC can probably play it: Celeron 1000, 512 ram, geforce 3 ti 200 overclocked)
2) It's really just not right to be running HL2 on low graphics. It deserves better.

*BONUS REASON* My PC needs an upgrade BADLY and HL2 has been a tentative marker for it.

Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: CubicZirconia
At least Serious Sam 2 is still Q4 2003

Serious Sam 2 came out a long time ago. SS3 maybe?

Yeah, "The Third Encounter" IIRC.

Fun as hell on coop mode.

- M4H
Originally posted by: KnightBreed
Originally posted by: CPA
I'll sell you mine. :D

I think you meant Serious Sam The Third Edition. And I thought I was the only one waiting for this to come out. Haven't seen anything on it yet, though.
No, I meant Serious Sam 2. The Second Encounter was considered an expansion pack. The true sequel SS2 is coming out next year.
Croteam is referring to the game as SS2.

CubicZirconia

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
At least Serious Sam 2 is still Q4 2003

Serious Sam 2 came out a long time ago. SS3 maybe?

Yeah, "The Third Encounter" IIRC.

Fun as hell on coop mode.

- M4H
Originally posted by: CPA
I'll sell you mine. :D

I think you meant Serious Sam The Third Edition. And I thought I was the only one waiting for this to come out. Haven't seen anything on it yet, though.
No, I meant Serious Sam 2. The Second Encounter was considered an expansion pack. The true sequel SS2 is coming out next year.
Croteam is referring to the game as SS2.

Fair enough. So is SS2 just going to be a graphical update? They better not screw up the formula, which as Mercenary pointed out, was a great time in coop mode.

00Jones

Banned
Jul 15, 2001
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
Link

Notice who the first poster of that thread is :D

Gamestop and EBgames have had this game delayed for a week or 2. THey both are posting different release dates tho.

CubicZirconia

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: 00Jones
Link

Gamestop and EBgames have had this game delayed for a week or 2. THey both are posting different release dates tho.

They effectively pull those dates out of their asses. They are meaningless.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
no big thing, nothing i hate more then rushed release with bugs.

mohaa expansion out:)

00Jones

Banned
Jul 15, 2001
Originally posted by: 00Jones
Link

They effectively pull those dates out of their asses. They are meaningless.

NEVAR!! The game will be coming out on both of those dates!