Half-Life 2 Collector's Edition Retail install problem

Boze

Dec 20, 2004
I picked up Half-Life 2 CE Retail today and am trying to install it on my system, unfortunately the damn thing locks up my computer while installing it... has anyone else had this problem with the CE DVD?

Boze

Dec 20, 2004
Malak, the only other information I can offer are my system specs, which are linked in my signature, as well this: I tried copying the files from the DVD to my hard disk to do an install like that; again, the machine locks up about 30% into copying all the data. My best friend is copying all the files from his DVD-ROM drive... I am quickly beginning to worry that this may be a problem with the SecuROM technology and my NEC ND-3520A

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
I dunno, try a google search for the issue. I haven't seen this issue before myself.

Boze

Dec 20, 2004
I was able to transfer the files on the DVD from my laptop to this machine and then do an install off the hard disk, but I consider that only a temporary solution to this problem... I'm a little disappointed that Valve is so worried about software piracy of their discs that they feel the need to possibly alienate a portion of their customer base... my CE DVD is in fact intact, it just won't read properly in my 3520A; makes me more than a little upset.