Half.com is BACK!

pspada

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2002
Today Ebay announced the re-opening of their rebranded site! From the press release:

"...was decided that the Half.com was a name that had considerable brand recognition. But it was necessary to bring this brand name under the umbrella of EBAY........has modified the name slightly, to both retain the brand recognition, yet to bring the unmistakable aura of EBAY to the site....thus announce the opening of the new www.Halfassed.com"

AF! :cool:

Caminetto

Jul 29, 2001
Dang, I thought I could make it through the day without getting stung buy an april fools joke!

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
Bahhh.. Half.com sucks! I hated it when Ebay bought Half.com and combined the feedback ratings. I used to sell ocassionally on Half.com, but no more. I'm not willing to risk my Ebay feedback rating doing it. What I don't like is that you have no contact with the buyer at Half.com, so you can't possibly get things worked out if there is a problem (something gets lost or damaged in the mail, etc..).

I asked Half.com to separate the ratings with Ebay at one point or cancel my Half.com account and they told me the only way that I could cancel my Half.com account is to cancel my Ebay account as well. Word of advice. If you sell on Half.com and sell on Ebay, do NOT use the same user id, so they can't link your accounts together.

Sal

dorkkiller

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
Also,
Half.com used to be completely free. Ebay used to advertise about Half.com charging NO listing or sale fee, but then they quickly started charging people. :disgust:

chuenl

Aug 21, 2000

Although I still sell stuffs thru HALF.com, I am always looking for other alternatives because of their high commission fee (normally 15%). However, Amazon.com is even worse ($0.99 + 15% commission).

pspada

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2002
Hello, this a April Fools Joke, not a bitchfest about half.com or ebay!

masterxfob

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: pspada

the last thing we need on the forums right now are people putting up a bunch of april fools joke type threads. also, if anyone sounds like they're bi7ching, it would be you :confused:

pspada

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2002
Originally posted by: masterxfob

the last thing we need on the forums right now are people putting up a bunch of april fools joke type threads. also, if anyone sounds like they're bi7ching, it would be you :confused:

I didn't see any other afj threads. Are you intending to open a bunch of 'em? And why would "right now" be any different than any other time, besides the fact that it's April 1st? :confused: :confused:

Tal

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2001

I didn't see any other afj threads. Are you intending to open a bunch of 'em? And why would "right now" be any different than any other time, besides the fact that it's April 1st? :confused: :confused:

please go sit in the corner. you've been naughty.

1Cheap2Crazy

Golden Member
Jun 15, 2002

You've only been a member since December. I agree with what was said earlier, "Go sit in a corner and STFU".

El Norm

Oct 29, 1999
Its getting hot in here... so take off all ur clothes... <chick voice>so hot in here... so hot i'm gonna take my clothes off</chick voice>

SludgeFactory

Platinum Member
Sep 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Salvador
What I don't like is that you have no contact with the buyer at Half.com, so you can't possibly get things worked out if there is a problem (something gets lost or damaged in the mail, etc..).
They've changed the communication, the seller can communicate directly with the buyer now, and issue refunds if necessary. I took a long break from listing anything on Half, and just discovered this a few days ago.

But you're right, there are still too many disadvantages with Half now -- which is probably why they're having to close it down.

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
So funny..
rolleye.gif