Hair removal?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gnuel3

Oct 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
Originally posted by: Krassus
I shaved my chest and abs last night (i'm a bodybuilder) just to see what i'd look like and i have to say that i'm impressed. Main complaint though is that because i shaved with a Mach3, the hairs weren't fully removed, so my skin isn't as smooth as me (not to mention girls) would like it to be. So what are my options in terms of hair removal? What do people usually do?

Also, should i go for full body hair removal? Hair on my thighs is bothering me, but i don't know about having hairless arms and legs - it's kinda hard to imagine what that'd be like.

youre gonna get ingrown hairs and its gonna hurt like a bitch... nair also really really sucks at hair removal... its just like shavin where the hair comes back after a couple of days... I want something that will last a couple of weeks...

This might sound dumb, but what are ingrown hairs?

Oh, and is it true that the more you shave, the thicker and faster it'll grow back? :(

L

Lola

Originally posted by: HotChic
The idea of waxing scares the bejabbers outta me, but I kinda wonder if it would be worth it to not have to shave my legs for a few weeks. Where do you pick it up in the store? I've looked around briefly for it and never seen anything.

there are alot of products by sally hansen, etc, but i couldnt do it myself... too painful. i would rather have someone rip it off for me! ;)
it was awesome to go on vacation and not have to shave that "annoying" bikini area for weeks!!! its worth every penny and the pain!

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: gnuel3
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
I shaved my chest and abs last night (i'm a bodybuilder) just to see what i'd look like and i have to say that i'm impressed. Main complaint though is that because i shaved with a Mach3, the hairs weren't fully removed, so my skin isn't as smooth as me (not to mention girls) would like it to be. So what are my options in terms of hair removal? What do people usually do?

Also, should i go for full body hair removal? Hair on my thighs is bothering me, but i don't know about having hairless arms and legs - it's kinda hard to imagine what that'd be like.

youre gonna get ingrown hairs and its gonna hurt like a bitch... nair also really really sucks at hair removal... its just like shavin where the hair comes back after a couple of days... I want something that will last a couple of weeks...

This might sound dumb, but what are ingrown hairs?

Oh, and is it true that the more you shave, the thicker and faster it'll grow back? :(

When the hair is cut short, generally below the skin level, and as it grows back it doesn't break the skin and grows slightly below the skin where it usually gets infected.

Krassus

Golden Member
Jan 30, 2003
Alright, so i guess i'll wait for it to grow back a bit and then wax it? How long should i wait? And i'm NOT going to the salon :)

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Alright, so i guess i'll wait for it to grow back a bit and then wax it? How long should i wait? And i'm NOT going to the salon :)

The hair must be 1/8" - 1/4" long before waxing.

amish

L

Lola

Originally posted by: Electric Amish

amish

Krassus,
why not?? when i went, i asked the chick that did it about her clintel... she said about 40% of the clients she waxes were guys!
Everything is very confidential. go to a salon a few town/cities over if you are worried you will see someone you know. its good to get it done right the first time by a professional! Trust me, you and any "lady friends" you make have will like the results!

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
I shave my arms. I've been working out for about 6 weeks so I'm not really muscular, but it looks alot better.

Krassus

Golden Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: ActPrincess
Originally posted by: Electric Amish

amish

Krassus,
why not?? when i went, i asked the chick that did it about her clintel... she said about 40% of the clients she waxes were guys!
Everything is very confidential. go to a salon a few town/cities over if you are worried you will see someone you know. its good to get it done right the first time by a professional! Trust me, you and any "lady friends" you make have will like the results!
I'll consider it for the future, after i try it myself, and in case i'm displeased with the results.

Sundog

Lifer
Nov 20, 2000
On one of the local radio stations here, the local station intern (i.e. whipping boy) was sent to a salon to get his hair removed, via wax, live on the air (radio). He yelped pretty good, and when they did the first pull in his crotch area he let a yelp that was really painful.

They interviewed the waxist (or is it waxistition?) and she said a lot of men were coming in and getting their ASS CRACK waxed.

Man that must be painful.........:( But really funny to listen to while it is being done! :p:D:D