HAHAHAHA - #25 most downloaded thing on download.com is....DOPE WARS!!

Theslowone

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2000
that game rocks if you are in a computer science class, being bored as hell. I dont know if this is the same one but a lot of people were playing it last year, no graphics but cool.

Gatsby

Golden Member
Nov 6, 1999
great Game.. but its best played on the calculator in front of a boring teacher.

Gatsby

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
Yeah the game is quite cool.

Dont be turned off by the drugs though. Think of it as the stock market, except instead of MSFT and INTC, its heroin and crack :p

And that whole getting thrown down a flight of stairs thing...

Ultima200

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2000
Yeah i used to play that game alot, its fun but can get boring if you play it too much

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
i found a "cheat" to the game and can rack up $1M+ per "Tour of Duty"

Windogg

KingHam

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
A friend and I got even more bored and edited the game a bit on a TI-83 to make it PimpWars. Because the only thing more fun that selling drugs, is selling women.

KingHam

p.s. There is also an excellent version for Palm OS.

billandopus

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 1999
I have it for my Palm. I've tried to find some legit high scores to compare but the website was down the last couple of times I visited. Something about cheating and all that.

Anyways, my high score for DopeWars version 2.0.1 is a shade under 119 million. That was something of a fluke since my next highest score is 66 million. I got the 119 million when using the strategy of piling up the heroin or cocaine nearing the end of the game. I bought everything cocaine, picked up a whole bunch of trenchcoats for massive capacity and then I got two cocaine specials on top of each other. So, cocaine shot up once because of supply problems to some 200k and then shot up again to 500-600k per unit because of something else. Never had that happen since.

axelfox

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
EDIT: I got it!

can someone hook me up with this game? The recent version has changed it to Solar Wars, and that doesn't make it as fun.