Haha I'm a loser.

Vortex22

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2000
I just bought my ticket to prom today. Yeah, I'm going alone. What a loser I am...

Oh well, at least i'm going. Might end up having some fun at a party afterwards or something.
There is still a small chance of me getting a date, but if I had to put money on it, I'd say I'll be going solo :(

I'm sitting at a table w/ a bunch of friends (who all have dates I'm pretty sure atm). Maybe I'll still have fun, I dunno. I heard that a bunch of guys were going alone, but i've only been able to find one other person besides myself so far.

Anyone else have prom stories to share? Is there anyone here that went solo to prom? How was it?

Update:

Looks like it's gonna be cool. We're getting a 10 person limo and just having a bunch of friends (girls and guys) go together.
Might have some fun afterall :)

human2k

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Angrymarshmello
Don't you have any female friends you could ask? Even just as friends?

Man prom night, so many memories, I'd like to refer to it as, "THE DAY I MET MANHOOD":D:p:):D.

BTW, keep trying!

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
You're going to prom without a date? Geez, you ARE a loser... :|

/edit FYI, I think any girl that hasn't been asked would be willing to go with you. Serious -- this is their PROM. It's a big, big deal to them. Don't let a young lady stay home on her prom night. Ask one out now!

human2k

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
Originally posted by: SaltBoy
You're going to prom without a date? Geez, you ARE a loser... :|

/edit FYI, I think any girl that hasn't been asked would be willing to go with you. Serious -- this is their PROM. It's a big, big deal to them. Don't let a young lady stay home on her prom night. Ask one out now!

You're a loser if you don't ATLEAST ask the ladies who aren't so "popular"(you get the idea).

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
I didn't go to my prom. No big deal at the time... (i was a long haired, computer geek, who was anxed and liked to jam on my drums to RATM, Metallica)

Grown up in the past few years... lost the hair... still likes the music... the world aint so bad..

Good deal, go to the prom man. I missed out because I was a doofus and didnt want to do what everyone else was doing. Beit Alone.. with a friend.. its all realtive... just go to have fun man.

bleckywelcky

Sep 16, 2002
As a senior I was asked by one junior girl and one senior girl to go to my senior prom, but I turned them down because I was just going with a group of friends. It's fine not to have a date, I never even thought about asking anyone because I was just gonna go hang out with a couple of friends. About 5 or 6 of us piled into my minivan and headed off to the prom, afterwards we went to a couple places and ended up hanging out for a tad, it was pretty fun.

Now, if you don't actually have any friend to hang out with before/at/after prom, then you're a loser. But I'm sure there's a couple of friends that just wanna fly solo.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
i didn't go to prom or to the parties and it didn't bother me one bit. but if you think you'll regret it, by all means ask someone! she'll be glad you did.

xirtam

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2001
That doesn't make you a loser.

I never knew when my prom even was.

I heard something about it afterwards, but it really never struck me as anything critical.

Come to think of it, I think a lot of people thought it was just boring.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
I went to one dance during my HS career(with a date) as a freshman, decided it was rather lame. My date and I were both bored to tears, so we did what we always did...sat around and talked. Never went to a HS dance again.

Can't say that I feel I missed out on anything, then again I hated HS and most of the people that attended my HS.

Vortex22

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2000
There is still like 3 weeks until prom, but I kinda feel that if I'm going to ask someone, it has to be very soon. I don't think I'll have much luck at the last minute. Arggg.. I feel stupider and stupider every minute for buying that damn ticket before I got a date. I really want to go and have fun, but I have a bad feeling that it's going to suck hardcore if I don't have a date.

Vortex22

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Dudd
I'm a loser too, but at least my friends are hooking me up.

As in, they are getting you a date?

Heh... I tried that already, didn't work.

depechemodeone

Platinum Member
Aug 4, 2000
never went to my HS prom. blah. get dressed up. listen to crappy music. dance?ha, not me. some women think it's the end of the world if they don't go. peer pressure. blah.
I did go out on Prom night, but I took my female friend to a nice restaurant and made an evening of it. Both of us were glad that we never went. We had a great night. Much more memorable than a "prom" would have been.

If Prom is that important to you though, go! :)

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002
Originally posted by: human2k
Originally posted by: Angrymarshmello
Don't you have any female friends you could ask? Even just as friends?

Man prom night, so many memories, I'd like to refer to it as, "THE DAY I MET MANHOOD":D:p:):D.

BTW, keep trying!

Soooo.... you went with an older man?

[edit] fixed spelling...

rpc64

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002
I went to my prom not with a date, but with a group of friends (male and female). The prom was lame, but we had fun just hanging out and such. After we left the prom we went to one of my friends' house and just hung out. That was more fun.

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Vortex22
I just bought my ticket to prom today. Yeah, I'm going alone. What a loser I am...

Oh well, at least i'm going. Might end up having some fun at a party afterwards or something.
There is still a small chance of me getting a date, but if I had to put money on it, I'd say I'll be going solo :(

I'm sitting at a table w/ a bunch of friends (who all have dates I'm pretty sure atm). Maybe I'll still have fun, I dunno. I heard that a bunch of guys were going alone, but i've only been able to find one other person besides myself so far.

Anyone else have prom stories to share? Is there anyone here that went solo to prom? How was it?

No, you're not a looser because you cannot find a date, you would have been a looser if you didn't try to find one...

Dudd

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Vortex22
Originally posted by: Dudd
I'm a loser too, but at least my friends are hooking me up.

As in, they are getting you a date?

Heh... I tried that already, didn't work.

Yeah, that's right. He had a bunch of pictures of his friends that he was showing one day at lunch, and damn, most of them were hot. I guess it pays to be a small quiet kid in the plays rather than be on the football team. So much for that stereotype.