Haha, 16 yr old gets nailed for scamming an IPod on eBay, on TV no less!

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
My roomate was watching the daytime court shows that run during the day, well something caught my ear when I heard the word IPod. Turns out this 16 year old kid was selling electronics on eBay, then shipping bricks and newspapers in packages. When the buyer opened the package, he claimed they're trying to rip *him* off. When neg feedback was left he'd reply with some stupid thuggish response. Long story short, he had to cough up the 500 bucks he scammed, and since he had prior complaints of this SAME thing happening on his feedback, the judge said he would bring this to the attention of someone who'll press charges. The kid seemed like a punk, rolling his eyes at the judge every time she cut him off. All of his answers were "Nah" "Yeah", oh and he never once owned up to scamming people. He claimed that he shipped the stuff out like he said he did
rolleye.gif

Anyways, it was cool to see something I can relate to since I'm on eBay a lot, good to see someone get what they deserve :)

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge! I've seen electronics turn into bricks several times.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by: ivol07
Were his parents there? They should have been. Stupid ass parents suck.

His mom refused to stand with him and just sat in the audience. After the case was ruled on, they went to speak to the mom and she just ran out. She seemed pretty embarrassed.

Saulbadguy

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2003
Originally posted by: geno
Originally posted by: ivol07
Were his parents there? They should have been. Stupid ass parents suck.

His mom refused to stand with him and just sat in the audience. After the case was ruled on, they went to speak to the mom and she just ran out. She seemed pretty embarrassed.

At least she wasn't trying to defend him, like some of the parents do.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
it was on peoples court i think.

i seen that one. the kid also was selling other stuff (and putting in bricks pappers etc). I wonder if he ever got in trouble with the law?

GRIFFIN1

Golden Member
Nov 10, 1999
My mom would have whipped my ass as soon as I got out of the court room. I can remember her beating my younger brother in front of the police station one day.

deejayshakur

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2000
Originally posted by: GRIFFIN1
My mom would have whipped my ass as soon as I got out of the court room. I can remember her beating my younger brother in front of the police station one day.

see i think if your brother had charges against him, and your mom just beat him to a pulp in front of pd, they should incarcerate both of them. well no, i guess he learned his lesson.

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
I just saw the peoples court with that kid, his reaction was hilarious. "Uhh maybe someone at the post office stole it"

xchangx

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
The reason he agreed to be on the show is becuase the show pays his fees. That's how the TV court shows work, you get embarassed on TV and they pay for it.

GreenGhost

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Can't someone press Federal charges and send these scammers away for some decent time? They will come out bank robbers, but then they would have a better chance of being done by some thougher thugs.