Had to say goodbye to a freind tonight

VirginiaDonkey

Golden Member
May 18, 2001
My Boxer Holly, who was almost 11 years old had to be put to sleep tonight. She had been fighting since Saturday when she collapsed during her morning walk.

She was doing better every day since Saturday and even today was energetic and loved her car ride this morning. When We came home from dinner something was very wrong. She did not get up to greet us at the door...and she had never missed that.

She had a hard time keeping her head up to look at us, but she looked at us and told us it was time. We definately knew it was time when she could not keep her head up during the car ride to the animal hospital.

Holly, Thank you for the 10+ years you made my life better.

Daddy's girl!

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
:(
rose.gif

My condolences.

jhayx7

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2005
Aw I feel bad now.. When I first saw the thread I thought "another POS, female-freind related post". So sorry for your loss... Hope you find a new freind soon!

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Sorry to hear. IMO boxers are one of the most beautiful dogs out there. He knew his time was comming so he gave you thoes shorts days to remember forever as he was, charish them.

Oct 19, 2000
:( Losing a dog can be emotional I'd imagine, I don't envy you. Just remember, when you're ready, there's another little puppy out there ready to give you all it's love at a moment's notice!

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004

I feel for you, we have a boxer also. She's had several benign tumors removed, treating her for a liver disorder (mainly treated by diet change thankfully), and had a tumor behind her eye that caused glaucoma & lost her left eye. 11 years I think is pretty good for a boxer, they tend to get cancers & such more frequently.

rose.gif

Jawo

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005

My condolences...my dog passed away about two months ago...its very sad since they really become part of the family!

May 16, 2000
I am SO sorry. You and your family have all my best thoughts and wishes. I have no idea how I'll make it through when my dog's time comes. 8*(

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
:( Very Sorry

We had to put our girl (brittany spaniel) down just 2 1/2 weeks ago, and it created a huge hole in our lives. This last sunday we picked up a new pup (another bittany), and are already falling in love again:)

VirginiaDonkey

Golden Member
May 18, 2001
Thanks everyone for the condolences. I told my wife after we got home from the vet, it's easy to love, but hard to say goodbye.

To everyone who has pets and has never gone through having to say goodbye, I will tell you, it is a very hard decision to make. I found myself telling my family " let's wait overnight and see how she does", but I knew in my heart she was ready and we as a family made the decision to not prolong her suffering any longer.Then to look at her and see she is not the fun loving, happy go lucky pet you have known made the decision the right one.

If you can make the decision based off love and if you feel your pet is happy, then go with your heart, you will make the right decision and have no regrets.

I am emotionally spent....i'm out

thanks again everyone.