had a nice little conversation with someone on IM.

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
well, i was killing some time before i had to go do some more hw, and this person IMs me. having nothing better to do, and lack of better judgement, i go proceed with the following:

TheSerpicoKid: HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THE COMEDIC STYLINGS OF "STEVE HOFSETTER"?

DAM 9779: nope never

TheSerpicoKid: HE HAS HUMOROUS TIDBITS ON COLLEGE LIFE.

DAM 9779: ic

DAM 9779: well, im not into reading about college life, i rather just live my own

TheSerpicoKid: I HAD NO NEED FOR "COLLEGE EDUCATION" I HAVE ALL THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE AGES. I AM ENTERITY COMPOSED AS A SUB-HUMAN BEING.

TheSerpicoKid: BUT HIS STORIES ARE "HUMOROUS" SURELY THE LIFE OF "STEVE HOFESTTER" ARE MUCH MORE INTERESTING THAN YOURS.

DAM 9779: how do you know, you dont know me

TheSerpicoKid: HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO STARBUCKS? OR DONE LAUNDRY OR TURNED 21?

TheSerpicoKid: WELL HAVE YOU?

DAM 9779: yes, we have 2 starbucks here, i do laundry 3 times a week, i turned 21 on 9/7/200 (4 days ago)

TheSerpicoKid: HMMM, WELL IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE DONE ALL THE THINGS THAT "STEVE HOFESTTER" HAS ACCOMPLISHED BUT DO YOU DO ALL THOSE THINGS WITH THE SPICE OF HUMOR?

DAM 9779: i like to think so.

TheSerpicoKid: HERE MORTAL CAN YOU HADLE THIS?:

TheSerpicoKid: It being my first time in Starbucks, I asked for a small hot chocolate. The
guy behind the counter said, "oh, you mean a tall." I said, "no, a small." He
said, "tall is our smallest size." I said, "your company does not understand
basic weights and measures." He said, "Next."

TheSerpicoKid: ARE YOU OOZING WITH GOOD TIMES NOW?

DAM 9779: not really, sorry

DAM 9779: but if that makes your sides hurt with laugther then go right ahead and enjoy every tantalizing word

TheSerpicoKid: HMMMM ANY NORMAL MORTAL WOULD DOUBLE OVER WITH LAUGHTER AT THE STYLINGS OF "STEVE HOFSETTER"

DAM 9779: then im not a normal mortal, i can write with lower caps

TheSerpicoKid: PERHAPS THIS WILL TICKLE YOUR FEEBLE FUNNY BONE:Who is the genius who made darts into a bar game? "My depth perception is
severely impaired, but I'd enjoy some sort of game. I got it! I'll throw
sharp things in a cramped space!" This is the same guy who thought of drive
through liquor stores and put brail on car manuals.

DAM 9779: perhaps not, however some of the stuff that is being sputtered i have heard from other sources

TheSerpicoKid: "STEVE HOFSETTER" ASKS YOU "WHO ARE THE AD WIZARDS WHO CAME UP WITH THIS ONE?" WHAT DO YOU REPLY?

DAM 9779: i would reply: "huh?"

TheSerpicoKid: WATCH AS "STEVE HOFSETTER'S
" BRAND OF COMEDY FLIES OVER YOUR HEAD.

DAM 9779: actually i am watching as it flies over my head and crashes against the wall in a fiery ball of flames, kinda cool if you ask me, specially the crackling sounds as well as the chimney yellow and orangy red

TheSerpicoKid: I AM CERTAIN THAT "STEVE HOFSETTER" CAN BRING HUMOR TO ANY SITUATION EVEN THE FALL OF THE HUGANAUGHTS.

DAM 9779: the fall of the huganaughts is over rated, i was there, even have pictures on the web about it, as well as some home movies made by the huganaughts themselves, talk about funny material

TheSerpicoKid: WOULD YOU WITNESS A TELEVISION SHOW CALLED "THE STEVE HOFSETTER SHOW?"

DAM 9779: not really, i never liked steve hofsetter's sister

TheSerpicoKid: I DO NOT KNOW OF HIS SISTER.

DAM 9779: how can you not? it was publicized quite extensively in this area

TheSerpicoKid: HE HAS NEVER MENTIONED HER IN HIS WEEKLY WRITINGS ON HIS BRILLANT CHAPLIN-ESQUE LIFE.

DAM 9779: perhaps you missed it, like i said before, however his family should not be of any importance to you, since you seem like such a huge fan. are you subscribed to his bicenturial newsletter?

TheSerpicoKid: NO I JUST OBSERVE HIS WEEKLY WRITINGS ON THE COLLEGEHUMOR.COM WEBPAGE.

DAM 9779: well, perhaps you should sign up, i hear its a real treat for sore eyes, a true change from the every day exposure to something that is really funny

TheSerpicoKid: THAT IS THE TRUE GREATNESS OF "STEVE HOFSETTER" HE MAKES JABS AT EVERYDAY LIFE AND MAKES THEM HILARIOUS.

TheSerpicoKid: WOULD YOU CARE FOR MORE EXAMPLES?

DAM 9779: surprise me

TheSerpicoKid: HERE ENJOY:When I was in high school, I was told that when I got to college, girls would
stop falling for the assholes. When I was a freshman in college, I was told
that towards the end of college, girls would stop falling for assholes.
Towards the end of college, I was told that after college, girls would stop
falling for assholes. Apparently, no matter how old you get, assholes are
still very good looking.

DAM 9779: ok, ill admit im surprised, ever get that funny feeling whe you cant hold it any longer and you just need to let yourself go? well, thats exactly like i feel, thanks

TheSerpicoKid: IS THAT THE TRUTH? DID YOU ENJOY THE LIFE OF "STEVE HOFSETTER?"

DAM 9779: not really, im just patronizing you, i hate to break the spirits of the meek, specially when they seem so dedicated to a useless and pointless cause, but for your nonstop effort i applaud you and your kind.

TheSerpicoKid: WELL I WILL LEAVE YOU KNOW AND CONTINUE SPREADING THE WORD OF "STEVE HOFSETTER" A TRUE KING OF MEN.

DAM 9779: ohh go forth, and bring happiness to that disenchanted youth that so much awaits your coming, i am sure that your message will suffer the same faith of that amazing artist and well known god of men, vanilla ice.

DAM 9779: nice talking to you

granted i had no idea what he was talking about, but damn he was really excited about it.

ohh well.

dam(and now to study)

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
"then im not a normal mortal, i can write with lower caps"

Now that's funny! :D

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that was a bot. :)

They have them on IRC and IM, mostly college projects where they have one topic and interperet part of what you say as your response, and if it fits the pre-programmed responses (such as "yes" "no" "go away" or something similar) then they respond accordingly, otherwise they either just move on and pay no notice to what you said or directly quote you and ask a question such as "I'm not familiar with XXXXX...tell me more"

Great fun, I've seen them in action, people go for a long time with them :D

syber321

Apr 11, 2000
Heh heh, well, it does sound like a bot... And those things have been know to be going through aol now..