had a nice little conversation with someone on IM.

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
well, i was killing some time before i had to go do some more hw, and this person IMs me. having nothing better to do, and lack of better judgement, i go proceed with the following:

TheSerpicoKid: HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THE COMEDIC STYLINGS OF "STEVE HOFSETTER"?
DAM 9779: nope never
TheSerpicoKid: HE HAS HUMOROUS TIDBITS ON COLLEGE LIFE.
DAM 9779: ic
DAM 9779: well, im not into reading about college life, i rather just live my own
TheSerpicoKid: I HAD NO NEED FOR "COLLEGE EDUCATION" I HAVE ALL THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE AGES. I AM ENTERITY COMPOSED AS A SUB-HUMAN BEING.
TheSerpicoKid: BUT HIS STORIES ARE "HUMOROUS" SURELY THE LIFE OF "STEVE HOFESTTER" ARE MUCH MORE INTERESTING THAN YOURS.
DAM 9779: how do you know, you dont know me
TheSerpicoKid: HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO STARBUCKS? OR DONE LAUNDRY OR TURNED 21?
TheSerpicoKid: WELL HAVE YOU?
DAM 9779: yes, we have 2 starbucks here, i do laundry 3 times a week, i turned 21 on 9/7/200 (4 days ago)
TheSerpicoKid: HMMM, WELL IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE DONE ALL THE THINGS THAT "STEVE HOFESTTER" HAS ACCOMPLISHED BUT DO YOU DO ALL THOSE THINGS WITH THE SPICE OF HUMOR?
DAM 9779: i like to think so.
TheSerpicoKid: HERE MORTAL CAN YOU HADLE THIS?:
TheSerpicoKid: It being my first time in Starbucks, I asked for a small hot chocolate. The
guy behind the counter said, "oh, you mean a tall." I said, "no, a small." He
said, "tall is our smallest size." I said, "your company does not understand
basic weights and measures." He said, "Next."

TheSerpicoKid: ARE YOU OOZING WITH GOOD TIMES NOW?

DAM 9779: not really, sorry

DAM 9779: but if that makes your sides hurt with laugther then go right ahead and enjoy every tantalizing word

TheSerpicoKid: HMMMM ANY NORMAL MORTAL WOULD DOUBLE OVER WITH LAUGHTER AT THE STYLINGS OF "STEVE HOFSETTER"

DAM 9779: then im not a normal mortal, i can write with lower caps

TheSerpicoKid: PERHAPS THIS WILL TICKLE YOUR FEEBLE FUNNY BONE:Who is the genius who made darts into a bar game? "My depth perception is
severely impaired, but I'd enjoy some sort of game. I got it! I'll throw
sharp things in a cramped space!" This is the same guy who thought of drive
through liquor stores and put brail on car manuals.

DAM 9779: perhaps not, however some of the stuff that is being sputtered i have heard from other sources

TheSerpicoKid: "STEVE HOFSETTER" ASKS YOU "WHO ARE THE AD WIZARDS WHO CAME UP WITH THIS ONE?" WHAT DO YOU REPLY?

DAM 9779: i would reply: "huh?"

TheSerpicoKid: WATCH AS "STEVE HOFSETTER'S
" BRAND OF COMEDY FLIES OVER YOUR HEAD.

DAM 9779: actually i am watching as it flies over my head and crashes against the wall in a fiery ball of flames, kinda cool if you ask me, specially the crackling sounds as well as the chimney yellow and orangy red

TheSerpicoKid: I AM CERTAIN THAT "STEVE HOFSETTER" CAN BRING HUMOR TO ANY SITUATION EVEN THE FALL OF THE HUGANAUGHTS.

DAM 9779: the fall of the huganaughts is over rated, i was there, even have pictures on the web about it, as well as some home movies made by the huganaughts themselves, talk about funny material

TheSerpicoKid: WOULD YOU WITNESS A TELEVISION SHOW CALLED "THE STEVE HOFSETTER SHOW?"

DAM 9779: not really, i never liked steve hofsetter's sister

TheSerpicoKid: I DO NOT KNOW OF HIS SISTER.

DAM 9779: how can you not? it was publicized quite extensively in this area

TheSerpicoKid: HE HAS NEVER MENTIONED HER IN HIS WEEKLY WRITINGS ON HIS BRILLANT CHAPLIN-ESQUE LIFE.

DAM 9779: perhaps you missed it, like i said before, however his family should not be of any importance to you, since you seem like such a huge fan. are you subscribed to his bicenturial newsletter?

TheSerpicoKid: NO I JUST OBSERVE HIS WEEKLY WRITINGS ON THE COLLEGEHUMOR.COM WEBPAGE.

DAM 9779: well, perhaps you should sign up, i hear its a real treat for sore eyes, a true change from the every day exposure to something that is really funny

TheSerpicoKid: THAT IS THE TRUE GREATNESS OF "STEVE HOFSETTER" HE MAKES JABS AT EVERYDAY LIFE AND MAKES THEM HILARIOUS.

TheSerpicoKid: WOULD YOU CARE FOR MORE EXAMPLES?

DAM 9779: surprise me

TheSerpicoKid: HERE ENJOY:When I was in high school, I was told that when I got to college, girls would
stop falling for the assholes. When I was a freshman in college, I was told
that towards the end of college, girls would stop falling for assholes.
Towards the end of college, I was told that after college, girls would stop
falling for assholes. Apparently, no matter how old you get, assholes are
still very good looking.

DAM 9779: ok, ill admit im surprised, ever get that funny feeling whe you cant hold it any longer and you just need to let yourself go? well, thats exactly like i feel, thanks

TheSerpicoKid: IS THAT THE TRUTH? DID YOU ENJOY THE LIFE OF "STEVE HOFSETTER?"

DAM 9779: not really, im just patronizing you, i hate to break the spirits of the meek, specially when they seem so dedicated to a useless and pointless cause, but for your nonstop effort i applaud you and your kind.

TheSerpicoKid: WELL I WILL LEAVE YOU KNOW AND CONTINUE SPREADING THE WORD OF "STEVE HOFSETTER" A TRUE KING OF MEN.

DAM 9779: ohh go forth, and bring happiness to that disenchanted youth that so much awaits your coming, i am sure that your message will suffer the same faith of that amazing artist and well known god of men, vanilla ice.

DAM 9779: nice talking to you

granted i had no idea what he was talking about, but damn he was really excited about it.

ohh well.

dam(and now to study)