Hacker: News Corps hired me to develop pirating software.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
This is all a bit vague. In any case, a person cannot know what every part of their company is doing, whether I think Fox is garbage (I do) or not.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb
This is all a bit vague. In any case, a person cannot know what every part of their company is doing, whether I think Fox is garbage (I do) or not.

Actually if you read it he was paid from a differnet company then the one he was doing work for. That means it had to go up pretty high since it spanned 2 companies that had little to do with each other.

He was hacking for NDS, i.e. direct TV, yet was paid from Harper Collins, a publishing arm of News Corp.
Maybe Murdock did not know first hand but someone high up in charge had to either know or green light it.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Marlin1975

Actually if you read it he was paid from a differnet company then the one he was doing work for. That means it had to go up pretty high since it spanned 2 companies that had little to do with each other.

He was hacking for NDS, i.e. direct TV, yet was paid from Harper Collins, a publishing arm of News Corp.
Maybe Murdock did not know first hand but someone high up in charge had to either know or green light it.
They also say it was reverse engineering, and maybe it did go up to murdock, maybe not. That article is about 30 words long, far too little to make any real conclusion on anything.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Yeah, well Al Gore used fake footage in his documentary. Suck on that, punks.

imported_Lothar

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Marlin1975

They also say it was reverse engineering, and maybe it did go up to murdock, maybe not. That article is about 30 words long, far too little to make any real conclusion on anything.

http://www.reuters.com/article.../idUSN0947553720080410

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I don't see the big deal?

One satelitte company says another satelitte company's security firm paid a guy $20K to hack 50 satelitte cards, and this cost them $900 million. Is that it?

Meh, sounds like BS to me.

Fern