Hacker attack?

AMDPwred

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2001
I just got a message from Zone Alarm about 4 mins after the install. It says "Zone Alarm has declined access to your PC from an IP address (forget what it was)". Was this a hacker attack or something else?

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Usually nothing comes out of it though. Zone alarm is cool. It hid my computer from the network too. Was funny. I have a shared folder for everyone to access, and my boss couldn't find my computer but saw me at my station. Spent like 20 minutes trying to figure it out when he just came over and asked me to give it to him on a floppy.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
It is a good thing you installed Zone Alarm. You are now going to be able to use you computer the same as you did before.

Infos

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2001
Zone Alarm 2.6 (2.6 Mb)

ZoneAlarm is designed to protect your DSL or cable-connected PC from hackers. This program includes four interlocking security services: a firewall, an Application Control, an Internet Lock, and Zones. The firewall controls the door to your computer and allows only traffic that you understand and initiate. The Application Control allows you to decide which applications can and cannot use the Internet. The Internet Lock blocks Internet traffic while your computer is unattended or while you are not using the Internet, and it can be activated automatically with your computers screensaver or after a set period of inactivity. Zones monitor all activity on your computer and alert you when a new application attempts to access the Internet. ZoneAlarm 2.6 features a new tutorial, improved color-coded Alerts with ratings and advice, as well as enhanced online help. ZoneAlarm 2.6 also has "hardened" security at the operating system level to safeguard users from the latest forms of Internet sabotage and includes improved intrusion blocking.

Zone Alarm 2.6 (2.6 Mb) <ftp://mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/dr/zonelabs/zonalm26.exe>

This is FREE

:D