Gym to start 'Naked Sunday'

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
I would imagine that bouncing teats or balls would be quite uncomfortable. And yes, this is in Holland.

Dutch gym to introduce 'Naked Sunday'
Associated Press
AMSTERDAM, Netherlands - Self-conscious about what you wear while working out? A Dutch gym plans to introduce "Naked Sunday" for people who like to huff and puff in the buff. Patrick de Man, owner of Fitworld gym in the town of Heteren, said he got the idea in part from two of his customers who are avid nudists.

"I heard that some other gyms are offering courses on 'pole-dancing' as a sport, so I thought: Why not bring something new to the market?" de Man said.

He said the response had been overwhelming - positive and negative. The 70,000-member Dutch Federation of Naturists was curious to see if Fitworld's plan would work, spokesman Bernd Huiser said.

"We recently conducted a large survey among our members, and most prefer to exercise with their clothes on," he said. "The most popular activities (for nudists) are things you do outdoors, like walking on the beach, or swimming in a lake, or maybe gardening."

De Man said the first question Fitworld customers were asking was whether it would be sanitary. Nude exercisers would be required to put towels down on weight machines and to use disposable seat covers while riding bikes. All machines would be cleaned and disinfected afterward. "We clean them every day anyway," he said. The first "Naked Sunday" is scheduled for March 4.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
I fail to see the interest in working out in the nude.

Be an interesting spectator sport, but I would rather not work out with a hardon at the time.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Interesting...

Koing

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
That's just nuts.

Anyway...

Crazy idea! Those Dutch and their all-drugs-legal laws...what'll they think of next? (I don't really wanna know!)

I can't imagine running 5Km+ on the treadmil with my manly parts randomly smacking me about the face area and such. :Q

And aside from that, 1/2 the women I see in gym I'd really like to see naked...the other half, I would puke if I saw naked.

It would either be ET Bone Home or ET Home Alone...no inbetween.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
I know they address the sanitary issues, but there is no way that can be sanitary. Sweaty cracks all over the place.....not cool man.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Learn from them I guess? They have legalized drugs, prostitutions, eeeeevvvvilllllllness; yet their crimes rate is much lower than ours. Hmmm...

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
I've heard enough horror stories about how bad running in boxers can be... I'd hate to imagine how tangled your boys would get if you're tether-balling them around while naked on a treadmill. :Q

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: SSSnail
Learn from them I guess? They have legalized drugs, prostitutions, eeeeevvvvilllllllness; yet their crimes rate is much lower than ours. Hmmm...

Perhaps thats because all the stuff we would consider a crime is legal there? :confused: