Gym membership for road warriors?

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
So, I'm a road warrior, I'm on the road pretty much Sunday-Friday. However, I sometimes end up at home for a couple of weeks. It just so happens that my next project will be at home, so I will be here for 4 months. Now, I want to get a gym membership, but I don't want a 3 year contract or anything like that since I will only use this when I'm at home. Anyone been in similar situation?

thanks.

dam()

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
Are YMCA memberships good nationwide? Virtually every town in the US has a YMCA...

ggnl

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Both gyms I've been a member at required no contract to sign up. I could get out at any time with just 30 days written notice.

Originally posted by: NuclearNed
Are YMCA memberships good nationwide? Virtually every town in the US has a YMCA...

They aren't.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Why not call or visit your local gyms and see what they can offer you in your situation.

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
Yeah, I'm going to do that, but I figured I get the ATOT brain power going first.

dam

Special K

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by: ggnl
Both gyms I've been a member at required no contract to sign up. I could get out at any time with just 30 days written notice.

Originally posted by: NuclearNed

They aren't.

I visited the local YMCAs in 2 cities and both said you can either get a pass to use at other YMCAs, or you can just have the YMCA call the one you actually registered at to verify your status.

Either way, they said your membership was good at any YMCA.