Guys who flashed their MSI X1800XLs to X1800XTs

mazeroth

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2006
I flashed my card with ZERO problems and ever since then it's been a real pain in the ass. I can load up Windows and just use the computer in 2D mode with the ATI CCC running in the task bar and after a few hours I will start to get artifacts on the screen. It's usually prompted by watching a video of some sort in WMP 10. I can sometimes go days without this happening, watching videos, surfing the net etc. Other times it will happen within an hour.

When I want to play a game I have to manually kill the ATI CCC program and launch ATITool. There I have to set my voltages and clock frequencies and even then, sometimes I get artifacts with settings this card should have no problem with.

Any ideas what I should do? Also, can you guys post what settings you've been using in ATITool? I'm at work now but I think the highest I achieved was 1.40v/1.8XXv at 680/720, or somewhere close to that. I've read where some guys have achieved much higher but my luck has been low. I've tried all different voltage/frequency combos and that's the best I can do. Also, is there any way to verify the flash worked? In the DOS prompt it stated it was successful but how can I make sure?

Thanks!

warup89

Jun 12, 2006
i flashed my x1800xl 512mb to x1800xt pe BIOS 3 months ago and so far everything looks good, but in your case the problem you are having is normally caused by overheating, so try to run the fan @ 100% and keep ur case ventilated ;)

mazeroth

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2006
I run the fan at 45% when I game, which makes it barely an annoyance. The temps never get above 75ºC when I do this, so I'm not so sure it's thermally related. What do you guys think?