Guys: Have you noticed that girls 18-21 are hard to impress?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Anghang

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2001

<< sheesh, just be yourself. If they are not impressed, they can go screw themselfs. I prefer a woman who doesn't care so much about where you take them. Sure, it matters, but if they don't like you only because you didn't take them to the right place, then that is the wrong girl to be with. Of course, I don't have much exxperience in the love department, but I am just getting started.

To me, girls are not all about simply impressing. I want to find a girl, talk to her some, go out to movie or dinner or something, and see if we like each other.

Another take on this would be to simply ask them what they want to do. Ask them what they want from a man. Of course, I have never tried this, so this is all theory.
>>

well said...and yea, you should try it, not as a method, but as something that your interested in learning from her...one of the things i've concluded is that men and women will never fully understand each other at all different ages, even married couples that have been together for years still learn new things from their partner...and like you said, &quot;just be yourself.&quot; ;)...

happykitten

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2001
Crystal Bay ~ that seems rather high... maybe they're more concentrated in some areas than others? You'll have to come over to the East coast sometime, I'll introduce you to my girlfriends... birds of a feather tend to flock together. And that's a good thing, in this case... they're all sweethearts. :)

Scrapster ~ hmmm... you have a point, but it's not necessarily true in every situation. When we get together, we'll be going out to get our hair cut (maybe :p ), shopping (I usually just window shop and rarely buy), painting ceramic pots or something together at Claytopia, just laying around and talking, etc... nothing too extravagant, IMO.

GoldenBear ~ last I recall, your best friend happens to be a gentleman when it comes to the ladies, as well... ;)

Noriaki ~ hehehe... good movie... :):):)

NicklasReugen ~ :p

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000
LOL it was actually a rhetorical question, but you liked that did you?

<turns his nose up, haughty mode: ON>
You sir have one sick mind.

That isn't what I was talking about at all.
<haughty mode: OFF>

hmmm *tries to think of something else his sig could possibly refer to*
Hmm damn..nope can't think of anything.

Anghang

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2001

<< I go. The guy basically flaunts all he has... talks about his $10,000/month penthouse suite, brags about the location of his company's new office, chats about his $xxx-million portfolio, &quot;accidentally&quot; drops hints about his buddy-buddy status with big names, lists all his vacation houses, etc. I was not impressed - focused on my meal and tried not to make any sarcastic remarks the whole time. He paid the bill for dinner ($250), no sweat.

Money can't buy happiness,
~kitten >~.~<
>>

you go girl!...yea...we have a lot of those types in NYC, men and women both...not all are like that though, sadly it's a lot easier to find someone tryin to impress the opposite sex with status or someone lookin to be impressed by status than those that care nothin about status or financial standing...all IMHO based upon what i've experienced thus far...but now i'm in Texas, so we'll see how it is down here :p

Swag1138

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2000
What if you dont want to impress them, just let them know how you feel? If I, a man who is no adonis by any stretch of the imagination, in fact, Im short and overweight, were to tell a woman that I loved her more than any other human being on the face of the planet, and that not a day has gone by in the past year and a half that I havent spent the majority of the day just sitting and thinking about her, that my every dream has involved her, that my one wish in this universe was to be with her and just be what she needed, provide all her desires and needs, and all I would ask in return is just to hold her hand and look into her eyes, unworthy as I am, for but a moment, what do you think her response would be?

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
don't try, just be yourself. If they don't like you for who you are, the relationship won't last long anyway

NicklasReugen

Banned
May 21, 2001

<< What if you dont want to impress them, just let them know how you feel? If I, a man who is no adonis by any stretch of the imagination, in fact, Im short and overweight, were to tell a woman that I loved her more than any other human being on the face of the planet, and that not a day has gone by in the past year and a half that I havent spent the majority of the day just sitting and thinking about her, that my every dream has involved her, that my one wish in this universe was to be with her and just be what she needed, provide all her desires and needs, and all I would ask in return is just to hold her hand and look into her eyes, unworthy as I am, for but a moment, what do you think her response would be? >>

She would either run away screaming &quot;MANIAC&quot; or she would just melt.

Being a romantic fool in love is usually enough to impress any woman.

Nicklas Reugen

Oct 9, 1999
I can relate to this problem. Its not anything to do with you.. its the girl.
I am not bashing any of the women on this board, but just telling it like how I see it.

I am fortunate enough to drive several cars, a BMW is one of them in the stable. Yet I am not rich. I do not consider myself wealthy, however just because I do drive a BMW once in a while I am classifed rich. Yes I like to take it out once in a while, but the car's not mine. The car is registered to my brother. Infact my toyota (my daily driver) is also registered to my brother. The only thing that is registered to me is my motorcycle.

Anyway people see the BMW keys in my key chain and go &quot;oh you have a BMW? What year is it?.. etc .. etc&quot;.. its like having the BMW puts me in the higher income range. The only reason we can afford toys is by strategic financial planning and its subquent execution.

Anyway back to topic. When I joined college, lots of girls were not interested in me, I used to drive the toyota every where and I never got the look. One day I happened to drive the BMW to school, and someone saw it. Next thing I know women were trying to get to know me and be all friendly.

Now most women in the age group of 16-21 are not yet mature in their thinking. While some dont want playa's, they all want &quot;a knight in shining armor&quot;.. and the fact that someone drives a nice car makes the knight in shining armour. So much of this world is based on what you do and what you drive that the reality of a person is lost. I remember girls asking me stuff about if I was rich or not. Yes they come from middle class family and the fact that there is someone around them who makes money they automatically become their prince. As I said, I am not rich.. since the defination is not solid, and I have always classifed myself to come from an upper middle class family.

So far I have stayed away from these kinds of women. They can be friends, and if their attitude towards me is genuine and not towards the car, I might even take them for a ride.

The whole point I want to make is that the perception of what a woman thinks can be all so true when you visit one of these sites where women are seeking men, for example www.love.com . Most women go like &quot;Be my knight in shining armour&quot; or &quot;Where is my prince&quot; or what not.. and then you go to sites like www.collegeclub.com and look up the match-u profiles. See their best date section. While most women havent had a best date, guess what they all want the guy to pay at an expensive restaurant, a moon light beach walk. I swear its true, go check for yourself.

As best put in the book called &quot;A guys guide to dating Women&quot;, &quot;Women are cats, if they were bigger they would eat us&quot;.
..that means.......Women who have grown up playing with barbie toys and watching little mermaid grew up to be reading books like &quot; Mills and Boons &quot; and ended up fantasizing that their grown up lives would be very similar to it.

Now as for scrapster's question, I may not agree with lykis 101, but in this case showing them that your not a nice person will help them think of you more.. show them your a bad boy and they will come. Being nice to a 16 yr old wont help

Note: the &quot;Mills and Boons&quot; portion of it.. I cant rmemeber the book.. I will try and find it and replace it in a few minutes.

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000

<< last I recall, your best friend happens to be a gentleman when it comes to the ladies, as well.. >>

I taught him everything he knows.

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000

<< chicks are pretty impressed when i show em my 1.4ghz AXIA tbird. >>

BWA HAHAHAHA!
I wish I could find a chick to be impressed at that :D

Oct 9, 1999

<< << chicks are pretty impressed when i show em my 1.4ghz AXIA tbird. >>

BWA HAHAHAHA!
I wish I could find a chick to be impressed at that
>>

Me too.. :D

Bluga

Banned
Nov 28, 2000
wow this thread is making me dizzy ;)

&quot;Money can't buy happiness&quot;

well said.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I wouldn't say they are hard to impress, maybe the chemistry just isn't there between the girls you are after.

Some girls will fawn over you no matter what you say and do, and others no matter what you do, you can't get their attention and interest (I will go out on a limb here and say money does change some minds in these cases, it does happen sometimes when you do it tastefully. Most people don't like a gaudy person.).

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
<< I go. The guy basically flaunts all he has... talks about his $10,000/month penthouse suite, brags about the location of his company's new office, chats about his $xxx-million portfolio, &quot;accidentally&quot; drops hints about his buddy-buddy status with big names, lists all his vacation houses, etc. I was not impressed - focused on my meal and tried not to make any sarcastic remarks the whole time. He paid the bill for dinner ($250), no sweat.>>

Oh my God!! I can't believe you're so cruel! You played the poor guy. You pretended to be interested in him and made him spend $250 on dinner -- only to slam the door on his face at the end! No wonder so many men think women are only after their money (or a free dinner)! You should be ashamed of yourself! You give all women a bad name! :| :| :|

He was probably trying to overcompensate for his poor looks and all you could do is ridicule him behind his back! On behalf of all men, I hate you!!!!! :| :| :| :Q ;)

Cable God

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2000

<< the only thing that impresses girls 18 and older is $$$$ >>

lol, oh yea. you gotta pay to play ;)

happykitten

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2001
Anghang ~ where in Texas? :) I'll be heading back there in Texas...

GoldenBear ~ :D:p

Off to bed,
good night,
~sleepy kitten >^.^<

KpocAlypse

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2001
tis, tis....

All this worryng about the Female side of the species is gonna give ya a stroke at 30...Just go out have a blast and let fate happen. IT be what us unimpressive people do..;)

KpocAlypse

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2001

<< Nope, girls, pff.. if they want you, they will do something. >>

I couldn't have said it any better..