Guys: Have you noticed that girls 18-21 are hard to impress?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Monel Funkawitz

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999

<< Have you noticed that girls 18-21 are hard to impress? >>

Just whip out your penis and smack their forehead with it. It will leave a muchroom shaped bruise on their forehead, and a lasting impression in their heart.

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
Maetryx here, :cool:

They don't want to be impressed. They probably want to do something fun that is not risky or will make them feel awkward later on. Girls are not hard to talk to and get to know or anything like that. Guys just come on all formal, or start shoving each other and calling each other names when a girl comes around and behaving like they've never seen a girl before in their whole life.

The trick to carrying on with a real live girl is to pretend that the ecounter is just with another human being that may or may not have anything interesting to say (but probably does), and may or may not be interested in what you have to say (but probably will be). This is, in fact, the case. I try not to treat girls different than I treat guys when I first meet them. It's difficult if the girl in question is qualified for the cover of this month's Redbook or Vogue, but not impossible even then.

And a date should be about having fun. The &quot;getting to know her better&quot; part is just a natural phenomenon associated with proximity to the girl. Don't make the &quot;getting to know her better&quot; a formal part of the date. Too many cheesy TV scripts always has the couple looking at each other across a table and saying things like, &quot;Enough about me, tell me about yourself.&quot; *gag*

happykitten

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2001
NicklasReugen ~ yeah, that must be it... :disgust:

I'm in a story-telling mood tonight.

Just a little while ago, I was in NYC for an interview. Interviewed, got the internship (didn't take it - only $15/hour, no housing, NYC), was asked out by the boss to dinner. Sure, why not... I have a couple hours to kill before my bus is scheduled to leave, anyway.

I go. The guy basically flaunts all he has... talks about his $10,000/month penthouse suite, brags about the location of his company's new office, chats about his $xxx-million portfolio, &quot;accidentally&quot; drops hints about his buddy-buddy status with big names, lists all his vacation houses, etc. I was not impressed - focused on my meal and tried not to make any sarcastic remarks the whole time. He paid the bill for dinner ($250), no sweat.

Before I left to catch my bus, he asked me if I might be interested in dating an older man... and I told him, very politely, that I was not. If money was all I was going for, I would've been all over that in a heartbeat. But... it isn't. So I wasn't.

None of my former boyfriends had a lot of money (heck, *I* was usually the one who shelled out the cash for dinner and vacations), but... they had a lot of heart. And that was what I loved them for.

Money can't buy happiness,
~kitten >~.~<

hendon

Oct 9, 2000
Girls usually like to talk a lot... just listen to them, save yourself some energy...

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000

<< the only thing that impresses girls 18 and older is $$$$. So flash it and lots of it. Sad but true fact. Any girl who denies this is in denial. >>

no. no no no no no.

i don't know what kinda women you are looking for but i don't care if the guy i'm going out with is rich or not. i love my bf cuz of who he is, not because he can flash money around. my roommate flat out asked me once &quot;but your bf can't provide for the lifestyle you would want to live. how can you stand that?&quot; &quot;because i love him and can sacrifice some things.&quot;

i am not in freaking denial. maybe you should go find someone that isn't so superficial and someone that you can relate to.

kassy

Sep 13, 2000

<< Just whip out your penis and smack their forehead with it. >>

If a man could do this while we were both standing (assuming he isnt 8 feet tall), you are right, it would definitely leave a lasting impression.

weezergirl

Diamond Member
May 24, 2000
oooh who's the lucky guy happy?? :)

and i'd just like to say i'm 21 and VERY easily amused and entertained hehe. i think u know when u are with the right one when u no longer have to &quot;impress&quot; them. maybe u should start going out with girls who u know a little better and feel more comfortable with them. then u won't have to worry about that as much

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000
See there's a good example against my theory

*gives happykitten a hug*

She's a real woman :D

Of course she's just a friend, I've never tried to &quot;impress&quot; her so I don't know how well it would work lol.

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000

<< As a few of you may have figured out by now, I've developed an interest in one of the male members of this forum. >>

Does he have an abnormal insatiable like for wrestling, thinks Clinton was a good president and has no trouble admitting his like for N Sync?

happykitten

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2001
yobarman ~ :):p;)

kassy ~ LOL... I'll second that... :D:D:D:D:D

weezergirl ~ you'll see soon enough... :) I'll probably be a big dork and bring along a digital camera on our first &quot;date&quot; (eek! :) ) to capture all the awkward moments for all of you... :p

Noriaki ~ *hugs back* And Noriaki, ladies, is a true gentleman. Trust me on this one... :)

Ladi

Platinum Member
Apr 21, 2000
Of course, I've also noticed that boys 18-21 are also hard to impress, since they want:

great body
great brains
great personality
great attitude
great reputations

</generalizations>

~Ladi

happykitten

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2001

<< Does he have an abnormal insatiable like for wrestling, thinks Clinton was a good president and has no trouble admitting his like for N Sync? >>

All of that and so much more, goldenbear... :);)

Off to PM a bit,
~kitten >^.^<

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I saw it somewhere here..

&quot;I have a ten inch tongue and I breath through my ears..&quot;

THAT will impress them..

If not, I whip out my big ten inch..

record.. :p

weezergirl

Diamond Member
May 24, 2000

<< my roommate flat out asked me once &quot;but your bf can't provide for the lifestyle you would want to live. how can you stand that?&quot; &quot;because i love him and can sacrifice some things.&quot;
>>

oh my gosh, that's so sad...hello! girls can provide (moneywise) for themselves, i will live in the lifestyle i want no matter what my bf is making. isn't your roomie an engineer too? i can't believe she thinks like that...

Scrapster

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2000
I've developed an interest in one of the male members of this forum. Is it because he's rich? No...

Very poor example, HK. Aren't internet relationships based more on fantasy than reality? If you're entire relationship revolves around phone calls and chat, ofcourse money isn't an issue (unless you're calling Long Distance!!). But in reality, when you're having a relationship you're actually participating in things that involve money.

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000
<< great body >> Eh...not that important. Most any girl looks pretty damn sexy if you love her enough.

<< great brains >> Nearly everyone has a great brain, they just need to know what they are good at.

<< great personality >> Sure that's important.

<< great attitude >> Yeah that to.

<< great reputations >> Reputation? What the hell for? Does it make her any nicer, prettier, smarter, friendlier or more compatible with you?

Really a Woman just needs to know and love herself, have some spine and be confident. Everything else she'll need in life will follow easily.

<< And Noriaki, ladies, is a true gentleman. Trust me on this one... >>

Why thank you Kitten. Not sure about Gentleman...lol I just try to be open and honest....

*Bows and Kisses your hand* ;)

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
<< Why thank you Kitten. Not sure about Gentleman...lol I just try to be open and honest....

*Bows and Kisses your hand* >>

That's easily the most disgusting, offensive, and repulsive thing I've ever read in this forum.

Where's the garbage can?

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000
*LMAO* That's alright, if I actually did something like you'd have to race me to the barf bag.

I was just being a jackass because of what she said. I've never bowed to a girl, nor would I and I've never kissed one's hand either.

*Think's he's watched &quot;A Knight's Tale&quot; one to many times in the last week* ;)

NicklasReugen

Banned
May 21, 2001

<< NicklasReugen ~ yeah, that must be it... :disgust: >>

Eh, it was meant as a joke, notice the LOL? Or am i the fool for not getting it?

Nicklas Reugen

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
frankly i think this is a stupid conversation, cause i can make practically anyone laugh. and if the girl has no sense of humor than fizuck her. Time to move on, that is all.