Guys: Have you noticed that girls 18-21 are hard to impress?

Scrapster

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2000
I've been on a few dates and every time I feel like a court jester trying to impress the queen. Only to get the response of a *yawn*. Although this might have to do with the fact that I'm going to school and have no car, but still, I'm sure some of you can relate that girls in the 18-21 range are just hard to impress.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Maybe you're trying to hard...?

THe beatles may have been right when they said money can't buy you love but it can buy you an 18-21 year old girl's attention.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Maybe they're just too young and inexperienced to understand what should impress them. :)

urameatball

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2001

<< Stop bringing them to Mickey D's >>

it's not that. it's all in your game plan. If you start them off with hot dog stands, then work your way up to MickeyD, then they'll naturally be impressed by your continuing effort of working yourself up. ;)

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
Harvey, that's what I'm banking on. You older folks better not be lying or I *will* look you up when in a few years and still alone. ;)

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Maybe they're just too young and inexperienced to understand what should impress them.

Bingo. And even at 20 they're still not out of that stage.

Viper GTS

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
Yeah, nobody has a clue during their teens and most of their 20's. It's amazing...I remember every couple of years looking back and thinking &quot;man, I didn't know anything when I was 19, 21 is a big difference.&quot;, then again when I was 24, 26, 28, 30, etc.

Those revelations are coming farther and farther apart now, but they still happen.(I'm 35 now).

TranceNation

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2001
the only thing that impresses girls 18 and older is $$$$. So flash it and lots of it. Sad but true fact. Any girl who denies this is in denial.

ugh

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2000
Hmm... Can't remember waht I did. But it wasn't that hard. C'mon, just be yourself with her. You'll feel more at ease and you won't get stoned out when talking to her. Don't try too hard, you'll end up worse.

Just my 2cents...

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000
Just an observation of mine that may be meaningless.

Most of the time girls that are 21 are still more interested in &quot;playing&quot;.

I personally like to be really close friends with a girl before I'd consider becoming her &quot;boyfriend&quot;. And to most girls in the age you are talking about the though of dating a friend is ridiculous. But that usually changes.

That's just an example of my own...but usually girls that are 18-21 don't really know what they want yet.

It seems to me that in the early to mid teens girls gain a lot of maturity and boys of the same age seem very immature, but in the late teens and into the 20s it seems to be the other way around.

Later 20s it seems to even out...
Of course there are exceptions...you can't always be right with these kind of statements, but I observe a lot, and I've noticed quite a few things like this.

Or perhaps that is only valid as relates to traits I personally look for in a Woman.

happykitten

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2001

<< the only thing that impresses girls 18 and older is $$$$. So flash it and lots of it. Sad but true fact. Any girl who denies this is in denial. >>

:disgust::disgust::disgust:

Yet another man (sorry, *boy*) who thinks he knows it all, telling us females what we &quot;really think.&quot;

Gotta love it.

Not all of us are materialistic, obnoxious, air-headed gold diggers.

As a few of you may have figured out by now, I've developed an interest in one of the male members of this forum. Is it because he's rich? No... I don't even know how much money he has, nor do I care. All I know is that he's sweet, smart, thoughtful, kind... and, he's very good at making me smile.

That's more than enough to &quot;impress&quot; me.

Stop telling me what to believe,
~kitten

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Girls that age are easy - if you are 21.

I assume you are in college. For guys there is a pretty common story.

Freshman: get drunk girls don't even see you
Sophomore: get drunk date freshman
Junior: get drunk date freshman, sophomores, some juniors and the odd senior fooling around with younger guys
Senior: get drunk date anyone

blueghost75

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2000
sheesh, just be yourself. If they are not impressed, they can go screw themselfs. I prefer a woman who doesn't care so much about where you take them. Sure, it matters, but if they don't like you only because you didn't take them to the right place, then that is the wrong girl to be with. Of course, I don't have much exxperience in the love department, but I am just getting started.

To me, girls are not all about simply impressing. I want to find a girl, talk to her some, go out to movie or dinner or something, and see if we like each other.

Another take on this would be to simply ask them what they want to do. Ask them what they want from a man. Of course, I have never tried this, so this is all theory.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Most of the time girls that are 21 are still more interested in &quot;playing&quot;.

I've been finding that out the hard way. Funny, I always thought it was the other way around. You know, it's the GUY who doesn't want a relationship, doesn't want to commit, etc, etc, etc.

Not always so.

Viper GTS

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999

<< the only thing that impresses girls 18 and older is $$$$. So flash it and lots of it. Sad but true fact. Any girl who denies this is in denial. >>

Anyone who believes that is most likely gonna end up with a materialistic, greedy and selfish woman...

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000
Well it's not *always* true. I know a few girls that aren't like that.

In high school I knew this girl (she was one of my best friends) and she was sooooo serious about her boyfriend, and he was kind of medium.

Later he went to college and he started to get more attached to her (he's a year older), then the next year she went to college to (and I moved away to go to school), the next time I talk to her, she's broken up with him and had 6 guys since....

It was very odd...she seemed like one of the most faithful dedicated girls I could imagine but she started to lose it for a while...

Seemed odd.

Again as with any general observation it isn't always true, and I know quite a few good counter-exmaples. But it seems to happen a lot.

NicklasReugen

Banned
May 21, 2001

<< Sad but true fact. Any girl who denies this is in denial. >>

<< Not all of us are materialistic, obnoxious, air-headed gold diggers. >>

Soo happykitten, maybe you are just in denial. LOL

Nicklas Reugen