Guns and Hysteria

hungrypete

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2000
I am a long time gun owner, as some of you may know. I have heard alot about people getting excited over this weeks events and running out and buying firearms.

So I'm curious. Has anyone on this board purchased thier first firearm this week. (by first I mean that you previously did not keep a firearm in the home, even if you had one as a youth, etc)

I won't flame you or anything so please be honest, I just want to know if any of you anti-gun people have changed your mind and bought one.

mdennison

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2001
I have not bought a new gun in about 6 months but am going to sharpen my shooting skills this weekend. Not so much to practice for war, but to take out a little aggression on some skeet.

hungrypete

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2000

<< I have not bought a new gun in about 6 months but am going to sharpen my shooting skills this weekend. Not so much to practice for war, but to take out a little aggression on some skeet. >>

I oiled up my 12 GA to do the same thing!

hungrypete

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2000

<< There won't be a land invasion of the US, so there isn't much of a point. >>

but the masses have obviously bought a shizload of guns, else the media wouldnt be interviewing gun shops that say "these people are crazy"

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Yeah sales were up 400% in florida. I don't deny its happening. Just not really sure why...

hungrypete

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2000

<< Yeah sales were up 400% in florida. I don't deny its happening. Just not really sure why... >>

sheep must herd. where one goes, the rest follow. I don't see why either, unless they are fearful of martial law, which isnt EVEN about to happen.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
And even if martial law did happen are they going to fight the military? That doesn't sound like much fun.

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
guns bought from Wal-Mart are useless for a war. You need a quality piece of firearm, go to real gunshop.