Gun to head - Obama or Romney?

If a gun is to your head and you had to vote who would you choose?

• Obama

• Romney

• I'll take the bullet

Results are only viewable after voting.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
I voted for "I'll take the bullet". I just couldn't bring myself to justify voting for Obama, especially when I can just write Dr. Paul in. The lesser of two evils is still evil and I can't support evil, regardless of it's usefulness.

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
Obama, no gun needed. He's a good president.

david-palmer-dennis-haysbert1.jpg

Also from what I've heard he did a good healthcare thing, don't know much about it though.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Obama, I suppose... although it's hard to vote for a guy who endorses the assassination of American citizens without a trial in good conscious.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Obama, I suppose... although it's hard to vote for a guy who endorses the assassination of American citizens without a trial in good conscious.

The list continues. However it would only be a matter of time before Romney had a list of his own.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
You want four more years of this shit?

Ya can't fix stupid.

I definitely think there are some things over the last several years (including before Obama's term) that could definitely be better. But I also don't think the President is a wizard who can magically fix everything, which is why I don't buy into the idea of voting for someone else JUST because I think the country could be doing better overall.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Obama in a heartbeat. He's generally been a good president. The things he does that I don't like such as his poor respect of civil liberties are unfortunately things that the Republicans gleefully endorse and would probably go even farther on. So even in the areas he's weak, the Republicans are vastly worse. There's really no contest.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Obama in a heartbeat. He's generally been a good president. The things he does that I don't like such as his poor respect of civil liberties are unfortunately things that the Republicans gleefully endorse and would probably go even farther on. So even in the areas he's weak, the Republicans are vastly worse. There's really no contest.

This, pretty much.

I was hoping for a decent alternative but the GOP has gone completely batshit, and the candidates they put up this year were laughable.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
I don't find either too objectionable. Obama is a bit too liberal for my taste, but will be constrained in his second lame duck term. Romney seems the typical northeast Rockefeller republican which is fine, so long as Congress is not too heavily held by obnoxiously focused culture war conservatives or tea party variety republicans.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Ended the mess in Iraq, killed Bin Laden, managed the country out of a recession while growing spending at lowest rate since the 50s. Pretty much cleaned up the mess Republicans left behind while having to fight the Republicans to clean it up.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Much better. Thank you for asking.

Which part was better?

Allowing the worst terrorist attack in history on US soil?

Blowing a budget surplus with unnecessary tax giveaways?

Lying to get us into an unneeded war that killed thousands more Americans and wasted a trillion dollars?

Mishandling Katrina?

Turning us into a banana republic that uses torture?

Ruining the international reputation of the US?

Allowing the banking industry to run wild leading to the worst economic crisis in decades?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Don't like either. If I pick one it will be because of the SCOTUS and Obama loses there.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You want four more years of this shit?

Ya can't fix stupid.

Yes, but I still like you. I am willing to bet, also, that you have done well in your life regardless of that fact, whether you have a degree from Harvard of were President of the Law Review there or not. Don't forget that despite the fact that Obama doubtlessly has a huge IQ, it doesn't make him better than you. I think we should judge folk by their hearts and their sense of humor. Don't you think you pass? I do.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Ended the mess in Iraq, killed Bin Laden, managed the country out of a recession while growing spending at lowest rate since the 50s. Pretty much cleaned up the mess Republicans left behind while having to fight the Republicans to clean it up.

Ya can't fix stupid.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
i'll take the bullet, figuratively
i will either not vote for the first time

or vote for Libertarian GARY JOHNSON
in 1992 i voted Perot and in 2000 i voted for Libertarian Harry Browne

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Bullet.

Neither men deserve a vote, for neither men believe in the ideals of freedom.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
or vote for Libertarian GARY JOHNSON
Why not just write in Dr. Paul's name? Gary Johnson isn't really a libertarian. He favors military intervention and he doesn't believe that the Fed needs to be abolished (he believes that prices can be made "stable" by the Fed, despite the fact that the market determines prices). The Fed is much more inflationary than deflationary by nature, so it needs to be abolished.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Don't like either. If I pick one it will be because of the SCOTUS and Obama loses there.

What? You like that corporations are citizens and money is speech? These two decisions have destroyed our nation in my opinion. They are a total calamity. It means the mafia owns the government and the people have no say. We will know real soon, I think, if Walker wins.

Perhaps you are focused on the constitutionality of the health care act.