Gun to head - Obama or Romney?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

If a gun is to your head and you had to vote who would you choose?

• Obama

• Romney

• I'll take the bullet

Results are only viewable after voting.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm hardly one to discourage a skeptical outlook. I don't know what Romney's real chances are and what I have posted is not an endorsement. It's as impartial and objective analysis as I can provide equipped with what I know. The truth is I'd rather have Carter :D

Did you have any luck with finding the Obama interview? My immediate reaction was that he is frustrated by being blocked by a congress that will not compromise. I believe this is a valid form of frustration because I also believe the game the Republicans are playing is let the country go to hell so the people will turn against him. Only human garbage would do that. I would reward traitors with extermination. And we have seen what the activist right has done on the court already. They destroyed democracy by replacing it with money.

When you look at the greater of evils I just can't even see a contest. Bush was the greatest disaster that ever happened to the US, voted in by 5 to 4 and now you want Romney. All I have ever seen in Romney from as far back as I remember is empty empty empty, a man who thinks he should be President, because it got put in his head. If he gets the job he'll fall flat on his face because there's nothing there but ambition. Might as well vote for a spider.

Hehehe, I feel that the greatest threat from Romney is just what you fear from Obama, who he would put on the court. If we can't get rid of corporations are people and money is speech, we're fucked, I think.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
So, why are they tied in the polls?

Because the vast majority of the conservative base are highly uneducated, ignorant or easily skewed by the narrative of the media (Fox)? You literally cannot turn on Fox without being bombarded with anti-Obama rhetoric. The conservatives who get polled are older people who led the religious takeover in the 80's. The conservative base is quickly losing what little support they had with young people, women, independents, etc.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Did you have any luck with finding the Obama interview? My immediate reaction was that he is frustrated by being blocked by a congress that will not compromise. I believe this is a valid form of frustration because I also believe the game the Republicans are playing is let the country go to hell so the people will turn against him. Only human garbage would do that. I would reward traitors with extermination. And we have seen what the activist right has done on the court already. They destroyed democracy by replacing it with money.

When you look at the greater of evils I just can't even see a contest. Bush was the greatest disaster that ever happened to the US, voted in by 5 to 4 and now you want Romney. All I have ever seen in Romney from as far back as I remember is empty empty empty, a man who thinks he should be President, because it got put in his head. If he gets the job he'll fall flat on his face because there's nothing there but ambition. Might as well vote for a spider.

Hehehe, I feel that the greatest threat from Romney is just what you fear from Obama, who he would put on the court. If we can't get rid of corporations are people and money is speech, we're fucked, I think.

Did a little searching and didn't see it, but as far as candidates I feel screwed 5-4 no matter what.

Well I have my power washer almost ready. If they come too close I'll give 'em a good squirt :D

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Hmm . . . the idiot you know vs the idiot you don't . . . tough call. How long does this scenario give me to come to a decision?

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
Believe you me, four more years of 'this shit' is better than eight years of 'the previous shit.'

I have a memory spanning back over more than one administration. Republicans were a disaster the last time they were in power.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Did a little searching and didn't see it, but as far as candidates I feel screwed 5-4 no matter what.

Well I have my power washer almost ready. If they come too close I'll give 'em a good squirt :D

hehe,

I was hoping you might find something cause like eskimospy I felt pretty sure something was amiss.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
If it's only a choice between the 2 Obama. Outright choice? Neither. They're both sponsored by the same corporate interests and will continue many of the same policies already in play.

I thought obama was going to legalize marijuana and get us out of the wars we're in. Instead he's cracked down on medical marijuana users despite his promise of the opposite and has gotten us involved in new conflicts around the world. Obama has mostly simply continued bush era policies which is really funny.

It really helps you spot the dolts in P&N when they are die hard republicans but they bash Obama for doing the same stuff Bush was doing.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Easy choice, Obama.
Would I vote for Obama over another Democrat were I given the option, tough call I'd have to know who the other Democrat was.
Would I vote for Romney over another Republican, definitely. The entire Republican field during this primary season was a bunch of nuts, and Jon Huntsman.
Would I vote for ANY Republican over ANY Democrat ... very unlikely. Republicans have consistently proven that they cannot be trusted with control of this nation. And since the current Republican party has become the most radical major party in American history, it's simply not safe to let them have power again unless we want to live in the Christian version of Iran.