Gun Control History

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Gotta love propaganda pieces like this which takes advantage of the ignorant to push an agenda.

Just because it arrived in email form doesn't make it true.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Snipping your long list of exterminations, how many do you suppose will be exterminated "this time"?

Jan 25, 2011
Love the German one. The German Weapons Act of 1938 lessened restrictions that were enacted in 1928. Reduced the age, dropped restrictions on many types of guns etc... And yet somehow it impacted all the other countries whose deaths are counted in that total.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Wasn't the issue. Also, constitutions can be amended.

Of course there are more than one way to deal with the issue, but claiming gun regulation doesn't work, when clearly it did work in Australia is silly. Here you have a comparative nation (at least more so than Nazi Germany or 1911 Turkey) in modern time restricting gun ownership and seeing it have positive effect on everything gun related. But no, let's disregard all that because Australia isn't exactly like the US and if it isn't exactly like the US then it doesn't work.

You can both attempt to tackle drug related crimes and regulate guns. Call it a two-pronged attack. You don't have to go with a one-trick pony.

does australia have mexico next to it?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Gotta love liberals always spouting BS about gun control yet it doesn't work.

When you quote someone it's usually to address a point that was made. Your post had nothing to do with me nor did it address any point I made.

Perhaps you were offended by my use of the word ignorant and you just assumed I was specifically talking about you. That's a reasonable conclusion to come to, especially considering how you and I both know how ignorant you are, but really it was just a general statement since this email propaganda has been around and spread around for years.

Apr 27, 2012
When you quote someone it's usually to address a point that was made. Your post had nothing to do with me nor did it address any point I made.

Perhaps you were offended by my use of the word ignorant and you just assumed I was specifically talking about you. That's a reasonable conclusion to come to, especially considering how you and I both know how ignorant you are, but really it was just a general statement since this email propaganda has been around and spread around for years.

No I didn't assume you were talking about me. Just because people dare support freedom and the 2nd Amendment you assumed it's propaganda and should be dismissed.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
No I didn't assume you were talking about me. Just because people dare support freedom and the 2nd Amendment you assumed it's propaganda and should be dismissed.

So which of the statements in the email did you fact check?