Gulf states setting up test to keep gays out

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
This whole article is one bit WTF

Being gay is a sin, but only if you're under 21. What?

It might be to discourage those firm, beautiful young men from tempting the upright, chaste, and totally heterosexual lawmakers.

Sort of like how women in the middle east have to wear hijabs or men will have no choice but to rape them.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
No specifics on the test? I imagine a free screening of Mamma Mia! at customs would be effective enough.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Hmm seems the company that sold the "bomb detectors" to Iraq can sell gaydars to these countries.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
The whole gay culture thing has gotten very mainstream. I've grown up in a conservative culture and when I was growing up, there was no talk of gays. Me and kids of my age never had any idea at all. It is only in the last 10 years that it's become a common thing. So many movies, shows and everything in between is either about showing the plight of gays or promoting their cause. This is not a good thing or a bad thing. It is what's happening.

Before, people used to do things, which are considered "bad" by many in secret. Now, doing things in front of everyone is encouraged. Once again, not a bad or a good thing.

I think what these Arab countries are doing is what many people do when they see a danger to their way of life. Some choose to embrace it, like the Western societies, while others don't. That supposed way of life is very important to some people. It's like they will lose everything if their way of life, or traditions, is changed in any way. In the West, the opposite is true. The more crazy, bizarre, extreme, obnoxious you are, the more you are looked up to.

Last edited:

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
The whole gay culture thing has gotten very mainstream. I've grown up in a conservative culture and when I was growing up, there was no talk of gays. Me and kids of my age never had any idea at all. It is only in the last 10 years that it's become a common thing. So many movies, shows and everything in between is either about showing the plight of gays or promoting their cause. This is not a good thing or a bad thing. It is what's happening.

Before, people used to do things, which are considered "bad" by many in secret. Now, doing things in front of everyone is encouraged. Once again, not a bad or a good thing.

You can say the same thing for Interracial Marriages/Dating/Sex.

Last edited:

bittermann

Mar 5, 2004
This does sound like something the sand people would think up now that they got rid of poverty, hunger, chemical weapons and the genocidal hate for their neighbor countries. Good for them.

Statements that a normal person would perceive as being quite racist are not permitted here. -Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
When I heard Gulf States I thought Mississippi, Texas, etc. And even worse is it didnt surprise me too much.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
This does sound like something the sand people would think up now that they got rid of poverty, hunger, chemical weapons and the genocidal hate for their neighbor countries. Good for them.

profile_picture_by_watfaceplz-d4u7trn.png

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
You can say the same thing for Interracial Marriages/Dating/Sex.

You appeared to have missed his point entirely.

And you comparison is only valid anyway if you either believe there is a difference between blacks and white or you believe there is no difference between men and women. So basically you either agree with Geosurface or you are out of touch with reality :D

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Persian gulf nations are going to be testing people to see if they are gay. If they are found to be gay they will be denied entry into the nation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-detect-gay-people-stop-entering-country.html

While I disagree with discrimination against certain groups, I uphold a nations right to pass they laws they want.

Good for Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, they should be able to pass laws that represent the will of the majority.

That is a very dangerous and ignorant position to take. Many of the darkest moments in human history have come because of the will of the majority, and there is a reason why the rights of minorities are explicitly protected.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Can't believe the article didn't elaborate about the "medical testing" being developed to identify who is gay and who isn't.

This has some real lulz potential.

Fern

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
Islamic culture once again shows how great it is..............

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
You appeared to have missed his point entirely.

No, I didn't. I was just saying that anything could have been substituted for what was Taboo when someone was growing up.

And you comparison is only valid anyway if you either believe there is a difference between blacks and white or you believe there is no difference between men and women. So basically you either agree with Geosurface or you are out of touch with reality :D

Yea.......whatever. :rolleyes:

WTSherman

May 18, 2013
I hate to be controversial, but the truth is that homosexuality is a form of behavior. Any "science" suggesting otherwise is fake. Animals behave this way, it can be observed with dogs and apes. Just saying.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I hate to be controversial, but the truth is that homosexuality is a form of behavior. Any "science" suggesting otherwise is fake. Animals behave this way, it can be observed with dogs and apes. Just saying.

we ARE animals. We are in the same family as apes (Hominidae). So basically, you just said we behave like our cousins....no shit.

Last edited:

LxMxFxD4

Oct 6, 2007
Which is worse for society:

A childless, taxpaying, high earning gay who cannot put down the cock?

A welfare queen with 5 children, no earnings, no education who cannot put down the cock?

I think we're focusing on the wrong group here....