Guitar Hero III for PC

cheapherk

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2000
I was so glad to see thay are finally making a Guitar Hero game for PC. I played guitar Hero II on a friends PS2. I almost bought a PS2 so I could play it (glad I didn't buy one now).

Is anyone else looking forward to this game?

Guitar Hero III @ IGN

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Originally posted by: cheapherk
I was so glad to see thay are finally making a Guitar Hero game for PC. I played guitar Hero II on a friends PS2. I almost bought a PS2 so I could play it (glad I didn't buy one now).

Is anyone else looking forward to this game?

Guitar Hero III @ IGN

no

Rehashed game, repetitive, boring after the gimmick wears off.

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
this could be pretty cool
with the controller I'm sure it wont take long for a 3rd party game to be made with customized songs/key sequences.

I played it on a friends 360 and it is pretty fun, almost like DDR but its easier to get into imo than dancing.

slugg

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
i cant wait... only a matter of time before someone hacks up a song editor, then we'll have huge collections of fan-made songs, similar to StepMania. YAY!

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Originally posted by: slugg
i cant wait... only a matter of time before someone hacks up a song editor, then we'll have huge collections of fan-made songs, similar to StepMania. YAY!

Well they already have a program to edit the PS2 version of the game, which you can then burn copies of the game with custom tracks (if you have a modded PS2 of course). There are tons of tracks out there already that are very well done. If the way the game is put together doesn't change too much than it probably wouldn't be long before you can do the same w/ the PC version.

slugg

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Frets on Fire sucks... unless they make huge improvements, i'm never going to play it again. It has severe tempo issues.

I'm totally up for tabbing up some Dream Theater! I've always wanted to see a DT song in _ANY_ game.

ethebubbeth

Golden Member
May 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Sentrosi2121
That would be something to see. DT in a Guitar Hero game.

There have been hacks that allow you to swap out the in-game songs of guitar hero on a modded ps2 (it's called score hero, if I recall correctly). I remember seeing a video of someone playing Octavarium all the way through... it was pretty awesome.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I was going to get it on PC, but when they announced the Wii version too I think I'm getting it there instead.

Tarrant64

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2004
will you get the guitar with the PC version? (just wondering, couldn't find anything about it).

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Tarrant64
will you get the guitar with the PC version? (just wondering, couldn't find anything about it).

From a presale post made earlier, I believe each version will have a with and without guitar edition.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: bigrash
I wonder if the pc version will work with the gh2 xbox controller

I dont see why not. I pluggeg my 360 GH2 guitar in my PC and all the buttons, axis' and buttons show up in the game control panel.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Oyeve

I dont see why not. I pluggeg my 360 GH2 guitar in my PC and all the buttons, axis' and buttons show up in the game control panel.

cool! do you need any special driver for it?

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: Oyeve

cool! do you need any special driver for it?

Nope. WinXP just recognized it. Even shows up as MS guitar controller, or something simular.