Guiliani is making some preposterous claims...

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Some of you may not be seeing these ads, but on the east coast (namely the NE) Guiliani is airing some horrifically inaccurate ads. There is no way that this guy can ever get elected with lies like these. Havent the american people heard enough lies and spin for the last 7 years?

Guiliani's current ad...

BTW, for the folks that just wont get it, he is suggesting that Reagan being elected led to the release of the hostages.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
It's ok, thank GOD. I think he's starting to slip bad, the heat is off him. I don't even hear his name anymore. Back to the pitt with ye, demon!

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Vote for Guiliani and he'll go back in time and prevent 9-11 from happening - and save John Conner as well.....

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Ahahahaha. That's awesome. Yeah, the Iranians were so afraid of Reagan that they let the hostages go before he even had an hour in office. That's rich.

Giuliani already has a reputation for misrepresentations and lies... and he still has 11 more months to go before the election. I just can't see how this guy would hold up, as for him as well the attack ads seem to almost write themselves. Both he and Romney now have an unfortunately long string of things like this.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: FoBoT
Jimmy Carter didn't do anything to get them released.

[/i]WRONG![/i] Carter's Secretary of State, Cyrus Vance was negotiating with the Ayatollah's crew for months before Reagan took office. The Iranians were pissed enough at the Carter administration that there was no way they were going to release the hostages before he left office.

Do you really think Reagan's people accomplished that entire stunt in their first half hour in office? :roll:

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
HAHAHA that's the funniest commercial i've ever seen :laugh:

just listen to the message he's sending and the music in the background. it's SOOO cliche, fear-mongering, and anti-productive that it's just hilarious!

i swear to God, the thought that ran through my head midway through the video was, "holy crap, is he fucking serious with this ad?! hahaha!"

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: Harvey

[/i]WRONG![/i] Carter's Secretary of State, Cyrus Vance was negotiating with the Ayatollah's crew for months before Reagan took office. The Iranians were pissed enough at the Carter administration that there was no way they were going to release the hostages before he left office.

Do you really think Reagan's people accomplished that entire stunt in their first half hour in office? :roll:

exactly :laugh:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
oh sorry, "negotiating"
proves how effective negotiating with radicals is

way to go J.C.!

Right you are. If Carter had thought to send the Ayatollah a birthday cake (and stinger missiles), the whole thing could have been settled months sooner.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
You can't get nominated in the GOP without proving you are All-Natural 100% Organic USDA Certified Cage Free Dumbass.
So Giuliani is par for the course.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Rudy Guiliani just making some preposterous claims. Surely you jest OP, preposterous claims are the entire cornerstone of the Guiliani campaign. How is this particular preposterous claim even noteworthy in an ocean of other preposterous claims and revisionist history that so typifies Guiliani.?

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Sure he did. He was such a lousy President he lost to Ronald Reagan. Best thing he ever did for this country. :)

:laugh: :thumbsup:

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
HAHAHAHA!!!

?they looked in ronald reagan?s eyes, and two minutes they released the hostages.?

i haven't laughed that hard all week :laugh:

hahaha omg that's too funny :)

wirelessenabled

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
Originally posted by: ironwing
oh sorry, "negotiating"
proves how effective negotiating with radicals is

way to go J.C.!

Right you are. If Carter had thought to send the Ayatollah a birthday cake (and stinger missiles), the whole thing could have been settled months sooner.

Wait a second here. Wasn't it candidate Reagan who promised the Iranians Stingers and other military hardware if they would just hold the hostages until after the election?

wirelessenabled

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001

Need a fact check here. Carter approved a rescue mission in to Iran with C-130's and helicopters. The military botched it burning up a C130 and several helicopters in the Iranian desert. All this because the helicopters didn't have sand filters on their intakes.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Reagan campaigned saying that if he was elected, and the hostages weren't released he would "turn Iran into a parking lot."

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: eits
HAHAHAHA!!!

?they looked in ronald reagan?s eyes, and two minutes they released the hostages.?

What's so funny? My god you are juvenile.

Carter was a foreign policy disaster who couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag. Reagan freed the hostages and restored credibility to the office, while initiating peace through strength.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: eits
HAHAHAHA!!!

What's so funny? My god you are juvenile.

Carter was a foreign policy disaster who couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag. Reagan freed the hostages and restored credibility to the office, while initiating peace through strength.
And Astrology:thumbsup:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: wirelessenabled

Need a fact check here. Carter approved a rescue mission in to Iran with C-130's and helicopters. The military botched it burning up a C130 and several helicopters in the Iranian desert. All this because the helicopters didn't have sand filters on their intakes.

And guess who was in charge of coordinating that mission from the Washington side? Marine Colonel Oliver North.