Guild Wars: Eye of the North

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Guild Wars: Eye of the North comes out on 8/31 and I for one am excited. I played on the Preview weekend and it is really fun and I am surprised there are no threads on this already. If you don't know, this expansion is only playable if you have a lvl 20 character. The environments are good looking and hell, more GW is always fun. I played on the preview weekend and it was awesome. Well post up if you are getting it so we can all play together.

This thread is about the latest Guild Wars expansion pack, do not hijack it into a WoW versus Guild Wars thread.

-Schadenfroh

Molondo

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2005
I just got Nightfall with a friend and we are going slowly through it. we are thinking about EON

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
I played [way too much] of the preview weekend as well and loved it. Better then Factions and Nightfall, IMO.

I'll be there this weekend.

sthaznpride17

Jul 31, 2005
I'll be playing it as soon as my copy arrives from Gamestop. I like the fact that it is PvE orientated; 18 dungeons should keep me busy for awhile.

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Very very very much looking forward to it. My birthday was last weekend, and my wife took off work so that we could play all through the preview. :D I especially love how they have the quests now--not just do this, get reward, repeat. The layering of the quests is nice.

I have not yet been able to find out if they are going to be doing a collectible edition yet though. I hope they do... More CE boxes for us to collect.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Worthington
I played [way too much] of the preview weekend as well and loved it. Better then Factions and Nightfall, IMO.

I'll be there this weekend.

I dont have factions but I do have nightfall and so far i do like GW:EN better than nightfall also. I am definately going to be hooked on this tonight

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: BS
Went from WOW to the First Guild Wars and just didn't get into it much.

Yes it is a completely different experience. Instance based compared to realtime. I dont play all the time so guild wars is good for me since i never get left behind

Ryland

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2001
I have not played GW in months (got ridiculously bored with it). Is EN worth taking a look at? I have played all of the expansions so far along with the original game...

sthaznpride17

Jul 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Ryland
I have not played GW in months (got ridiculously bored with it). Is EN worth taking a look at? I have played all of the expansions so far along with the original game...

Well its PvE orientated, 18 dungeons 4 Areas to explore. You could give it a try since its F2P, you can always quit and not worry about monthly fees.

Ryland

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: sthaznpride17
Originally posted by: Ryland

Well its PvE orientated, 18 dungeons 4 Areas to explore. You could give it a try since its F2P, you can always quit and not worry about monthly fees.

Too bad they don't have a free 30 day key for it just to get my feet wet to see if I want to spend the $40/copy for it...